Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How long is your commute to work?

Posted by on May. 10, 2013 at 7:48 AM
  • 29 Replies

Is it a stressful time? Or do you use it for quiet time?

My current commute is about 45 minutes and the traffic is so bad that it's a stressful time.  Hoping to change jobs soon with a much smaller commute that has less traffic. Can't wait!

by on May. 10, 2013 at 7:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
the3Rs
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2013 at 7:51 AM
About 30 seconds...:)
LadyJag
It's time to deal with the skeletons that have been hiding in my closet these last 25 years. God, give me strength!
42 minutes ago
by Member on May. 10, 2013 at 8:12 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting the3Rs:

About 30 seconds...:)

Same here...unless the cat is on the stairs. With that traffic, it's a whole minute!

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on May. 10, 2013 at 8:28 AM

It takes me anywhere between 20 and 30 minutes. It's usually pretty frustrating since people just don't pay attention and I swear I'm constantly getting cut off.

flutter523
by Tracy on May. 10, 2013 at 7:51 PM
It's about 20 minutes give or take traffic and weather. Usually it's a time for me to relax and decompress
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2013 at 8:57 PM

An hour and 20 minutes

Josie_P
by Josie on May. 10, 2013 at 9:10 PM

30 minutes. My dh and I go to work together (usually). He drops me off and picks me up. We use it to just chat.

jamberrypie
by Betty on May. 11, 2013 at 12:35 AM

It's about 10 minutes.  It's only stressful because I have to drop my daughter at the bus stop on the way to work, and she has to be there at a specific time or the bus will already have left.  If it wasn't for this issue with making her bus on time, my commute in to work would be quite peaceful.

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on May. 11, 2013 at 9:30 AM
This exactly, only I have a son instead of a daughter. The 10 minutes for me includes the stop at the school bus.

Quoting jamberrypie:

It's about 10 minutes.  It's only stressful because I have to drop my daughter at the bus stop on the way to work, and she has to be there at a specific time or the bus will already have left.  If it wasn't for this issue with making her bus on time, my commute in to work would be quite peaceful.

mickstinator
by on May. 11, 2013 at 9:40 AM
About an hour, hoping traffic is predictable.
eatyourveges
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2013 at 9:44 AM
About 15 minutes. I only live 3 miles from work but I always chat when I drop the kids off.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)