Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bahahhah!

Posted by on May. 10, 2013 at 10:49 PM
  • 5 Replies

Well, sort of. I feel a little bad, but I kind of feel a bit vindicated too :)

So, you guys know what happened with my sister and BIL last month. You also know that DH works from home and takes days off if needed to take care of DS. I'm still quite mad about last month and trying to figure out the best approach to deal with this whole situation, so I've pretty much been in no contact with my sister. She writes me today telling me that her daycare has decided to close for the summer effective next week. Now, I don't know if that means she has 1 week notice or 1 day notice. Here's why its a little funny:

1. She has been complaining that her daycare has been going downhill for about a year now. The DCP stopped even bothering to teach the kids and just puts them in front of the TV. My sister kept telling me how she wanted to switch them, but her husband refused to even look because it would take time and sounded hard. Yup, he was simply too lazy to put his kids before himself. 
  2. I think she wrote in hopes that DH might offer to watch her kids to help her out. After all, he is home. Of course, he's working, so taking time off costs us money. And after last month of telling him he can't go to his nephews party whom he loves?! Right......

So, ultimately my amazing BIL screws over his kids and wife again. I know my DCP mentioned something about having some extra slots this summer, and my sisters kids know her, so I gave my sister her number, but thats about as far as I will go. I know I'm a B#$% for finding it funny, and it sucks for her, but it feels kind of vindicating.

by on May. 10, 2013 at 10:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
flutter523
by Tracy on May. 11, 2013 at 2:35 PM
I'd feel the same way but I'm really passive aggressive and these things always make me happy. Does she really expect your DH to just stop working and watch them? Do you think she's even looking for another dcp?
deccaf
by Platinum Member on May. 12, 2013 at 12:14 AM
Good for you. It seems we have similar problems with family always wanting SOMETHING.
mickstinator
by on May. 12, 2013 at 9:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Isn't it nice when life gives the vindication you would never do on your own? Haha. It does suck to be in a bind. But it also sucks when your husband is a controlling and selfish jackass.
trfgirl56701
by Melissa on May. 13, 2013 at 9:03 AM

I've done the same thing. It's nice when that happens.

leahbeah143
by Leah on May. 13, 2013 at 10:23 AM

I would have done the same thing!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)