Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

bring your kids to work

Posted by on May. 11, 2013 at 8:30 AM
  • 14 Replies
I had to today. Ex wouldn't take them. Boss scheduled me to work knowing this is my weekend with them. And couldn't find a sitter at 10pm last night. So they are hanging out with me.

They have entertainment. And snacks. And I am going to put them in an empty patient room and let them chill there. Ugg. Single momhood.
by on May. 11, 2013 at 8:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mickstinator
by on May. 11, 2013 at 9:42 AM
I've had to bring kids with me before. Not ideal, but surprisingly manageable.
a06z08mama
by Member on May. 11, 2013 at 10:02 AM
Just got a surprise text from the ex sil. She is going to take them for me today. Her mom is off today too and would love to be able spend the day with them (ex hubs has isolated the kids from his family too. So only time they pretty much see them is when they are with me)

Quoting mickstinator:

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on May. 11, 2013 at 12:17 PM

I'm sure his family appreciates you letting them see the kids. I've had to bring ds with me to work before.

Nighttiger
by Ashley on May. 11, 2013 at 12:18 PM

sounds like you are prepared at least. Hopefully today goes smooth!

Mireya926
by Mire on May. 11, 2013 at 12:18 PM

I some times bring my ds when my boss needs me to do do extra hrs and she know or only on certain celebration. So far I have brought him twice. In the Summer I may have to because I have no babysitter and no income to pay for one. I have a Vocational Bible study they have said I could bring my son as long as I help do my job with the kids. We are re- modeling a new 2 year-old toddler class so am gonna ask if I could bring him.

Nighttiger
by Ashley on May. 11, 2013 at 12:18 PM

I should have read the replies first. Glad you found some help!

Quoting a06z08mama:

Just got a surprise text from the ex sil. She is going to take them for me today. Her mom is off today too and would love to be able spend the day with them (ex hubs has isolated the kids from his family too. So only time they pretty much see them is when they are with me)

Quoting mickstinator:

mickstinator
by on May. 11, 2013 at 12:24 PM
That works it great then! : )

Quoting a06z08mama:

Quoting mickstinator:

flutter523
by Tracy on May. 11, 2013 at 2:39 PM
I'm glad you were able to find some help
mizk5110
by New Member on May. 11, 2013 at 7:15 PM
Glad you found help!
NoahsCoolMama
by Member on May. 11, 2013 at 9:30 PM

My work does not allow it. I work for State Government, and they say that we are not running a day care. I totally agree with them. One girl at my office tried to bring her kid into work one morning and the Division Director sent her home. They did not like it at all!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)