Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

I put my 2 weeks in

Posted by on May. 12, 2013 at 12:09 AM
  • 17 Replies

i got a little tired of working for only 50 bucks a week, dealing with rotten customers, my husband just got this great paying job and i honestly dont need to work right now.....and i dont need to i wont bc we cant afford a sitter we only have one car so getting to 2 differnt jobs is a pain in the ass,  so instead of calling out, coming in late and whatever all the time this is just easier, and if we do hit a bump in the road, i have a back up plan, so whatever idc anymore i workd my whole fricken life and maybe i want to be a sahm again, we wont be on services so theres no reason to bash me!~ i cant work retail anymore im tired of being treated like shit!

CafeMom Tickers

by on May. 12, 2013 at 12:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deccaf
by Platinum Member on May. 12, 2013 at 12:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Don't worry about being bashed in this group. We are all pretty cool. Good for you on taking a path that will bring you happiness!
roxiekittie
by on May. 12, 2013 at 12:13 AM

im so use to it in the other groups its nice to hear that for once lol! im def pickign a different field when i decide to go back to work

Quoting decicaf:

Don't worry about being bashed in this group. We are all pretty cool. Good for you on taking a path that will bring you happiness!

CafeMom Tickers

mumsy2three
by Shauna on May. 12, 2013 at 10:36 AM

I hope you find something you enjoy doing. I hated retail work.

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on May. 12, 2013 at 10:46 AM
It's important to find a job you enjoy. Take the time off and look for a job doing something you'd enjoy.
Cindy18
by Member on May. 12, 2013 at 10:52 AM

You sound very defensive about your decision.How come?

Congratulations on not needing to work. I'm envious of you.

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on May. 12, 2013 at 10:58 AM
Congrats on taking that big step! I'm sure it will all turn out fine. :)
roxiekittie
by on May. 12, 2013 at 1:59 PM

my boss said some things to me that pissed me off, they told me how they got sick of coveringf for me all the time i called out 2 times both with drs notes saying i was too sick to work! so after tehy said that i was totally over it!  and im also tired of working for 850 an hour dealing with shit i have to deal with in retail, its something you dont really understand unless u work it i guess, it wasnt at like anyone in the group i was defensive over how i was treated after all i did for them!

Quoting Cindy18:

CafeMom Tickers

Cindy18
by Member on May. 12, 2013 at 2:13 PM

I get that. I have worked retail and health care related. It may not be the retail, sounds to me like it was just crazy bosses! I've had those too. The stress is definitely not worth it.

Quoting roxiekittie:

my boss said some things to me that pissed me off, they told me how they got sick of coveringf for me all the time i called out 2 times both with drs notes saying i was too sick to work! so after tehy said that i was totally over it!  and im also tired of working for 850 an hour dealing with shit i have to deal with in retail, its something you dont really understand unless u work it i guess, it wasnt at like anyone in the group i was defensive over how i was treated after all i did for them!

Quoting Cindy18:

Medusa686
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2013 at 2:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Good for you !!

Nighttiger
by Ashley on May. 12, 2013 at 10:36 PM
2 moms liked this

Congratz! Its always good when you can take control of your life. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN