Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mirena

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:12 AM
  • 13 Replies
I've had the Mirena IUD for a year now, no problems until now. I had an onset of sudden cramps on Tues and just knew something was not right. I called the doctor the next morning and they got me in right away, exam..no strings...ultrasound..migrated IUD. Seriously?!? I had to go back the next day since conveniently the doctor wasn't there that day. Ater two attempts and me cursing on the exam table like i was in labor..she couldn't get it out. Now I get to pay out of pocket $400 to have the damn thing surgically removed. Screw you Mirena!! I don't recommend it to anyone. Rant complete. Happy Friday!!!
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deccaf
by Group Admin on May. 24, 2013 at 10:13 AM

I am so sorry!  Are you interested in permanent birth control?  If so, look into Essure.  Very easy, low complication risk, no surgery

Mommy2CailynP
by Member on May. 24, 2013 at 10:17 AM
Quoting deccaf:

I am so sorry!  Are you interested in permanent birth control?  If so, look into Essure.  Very easy, low complication risk, no surgery

Not ready for permenant BC just yet, my husband and I want to have one more child just not for awhile .
Marti123
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 1:01 PM
I am so sorry! Glad it is taken care of, and did not perf anything!
mickstinator
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:13 PM

how awful! i was on mirena for about 2 years and had no problems, but my husband always complained of being able to feel the strings. 

i do have a friend who used the paraguard (the non-hormonal iud) and the thing migrated. she ended up pregnant! eek! : /

Mommy2CailynP
by Member on May. 24, 2013 at 2:52 PM
Thankfully I didn't get pregnant because I hear its dangerous. :(
rissarin
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2013 at 2:54 PM
I had mine removed in January because it started migrating. Had it for nearly 2 years and right around Christmas I started cramping really bad and couldn't feel my strings. The doc that examined me said it was still there and sent me on my way. A week later I saw a better doc and he had to remove it right then and there from my uterus (it hadn't gone in all the way yet.) Felt wonderful. Ha!

Good luck to you!! I know how crappy the feeling is. :(
flutter523
by Tracy on May. 24, 2013 at 6:35 PM
Yikes. I'm looking around for bc so ill keep this in mind
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 7:38 PM

That's horrible. I wanted it but the doctor told me I should wait.

Medusa686
by Bronze Member on May. 28, 2013 at 10:40 AM

I heard about lawsuits from people using Mirena. I've used the NuvaRing for years now, no side effects or problems at all.  Low dose birth control.

HotMama330
by on May. 30, 2013 at 1:20 PM

I honestly think doctors get kickbacks for recommending mirena.  Mine highly recommended it, and when I asked about side effect, she said I wouldln't have any.  How did she know?  After doing research on my owe, I decided it was too dangerous for me.

Connect with me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)