Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Taking the ACT

Posted by on May. 26, 2013 at 7:25 AM
  • 9 Replies

I'm applying for college, but I've never taken the ACT and I don't know where to go to find out when and where to take it, I tried googling it, but I didn't find anything useful.

by on May. 26, 2013 at 7:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2013 at 1:19 PM

Do you have to have it to get in? Maybe the college would know where you can find a testing location?

Marz31
by Silver Member on May. 26, 2013 at 2:00 PM
2 moms liked this

act.org has a place to register, without doing so myself, I would guess that that's where it will tell you where you can take it locally. I used to give all kinds of standardized tests at a local university, the ACT was one of the many I gave. 

christaberk
by Christa on May. 26, 2013 at 4:10 PM
Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
leahbeah143
by Leah on May. 26, 2013 at 4:47 PM

I would ask someone at the college.

Good luck!

rissarin
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2013 at 6:47 PM
Good luck! The college I went to didn't require it.
bad_mama2011
by on May. 26, 2013 at 8:08 PM
I narrowed my search and found that site after I posted this, but I'm too late, the last and only testing date in my area was in April! The good thing is that I don't think the college I'm going to requires it, but if I choose nursing as my major I will have to next year, so I'll check the surrounding areas to see if I'm not to late.

Quoting Marz31:

act.org has a place to register, without doing so myself, I would guess that that's where it will tell you where you can take it locally. I used to give all kinds of standardized tests at a local university, the ACT was one of the many I gave. 

orangerze
by Member on May. 27, 2013 at 9:36 PM
Also consider contacting local highschools. They have all the info you need even if they don't provide the testing.
deccaf
by Platinum Member on May. 28, 2013 at 11:20 AM

Coming in as an adult, I didn't need to take it.  They give you a placement test to see where in the math and english departments you should begin.  Double check with your college to see if you really need to take it.

mickstinator
by on May. 28, 2013 at 11:27 AM

http://www.actstudent.org/regist/

most of the locations are high schools. usually in our area, the high schools have a sort of rotation of the dates offered.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN