Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Well, that was awkward! *Updated

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 5:30 PM
  • 14 Replies

I have an interview tomorrow. The interview is at a college that I attended and it is in one of the offices that I worked at as a student assistant. My interviewer is my former boss. I got the call yesterday afternoon to come in Thursday at 1 for the interview. Today I went to go find an outfit and decided to stop in a grocery store that I rarely go into. While there I ran into the lady who will be interviewing me tomorrow! That was a bit awkward. 

I received an email last night saying that they had offered the job to someone else. 

by on May. 29, 2013 at 5:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deccaf
by Group Admin on May. 29, 2013 at 5:39 PM

At least you know what she looks like now.  :)  And she has seen you in a personal situation.  It's harder to turn someone down when you see them outside their professional life.

the3Rs
by Group Admin on May. 29, 2013 at 5:44 PM

Interesting point, deccaf :)

At least you'll have an icebreaker for the interview tomorrow!  good luck and keep us updated!!

JeremysMom
by on May. 29, 2013 at 5:56 PM

Quoting deccaf:

At least you know what she looks like now.  :)  And she has seen you in a personal situation.  It's harder to turn someone down when you see them outside their professional life.

I already know what she looks like. I use to work for her and we run into each other from time to time. I would have preferred that she didn't see me today though. I have been doing a lot of cleaning out in my office and I looked a little rough, lol.

rissarin
by Gold Member on May. 30, 2013 at 9:40 AM
Haha! Small world!
leahbeah143
by Leah on May. 30, 2013 at 10:50 AM

LOL that would be a little bit strange

the3Rs
by Group Admin on Jun. 3, 2013 at 3:36 PM

Any update on how the interview went?

JeremysMom
by on Jun. 3, 2013 at 9:35 PM

Quoting the3Rs:

Any update on how the interview went?

I did fairly well in the interview. I was interviewed by 5 people at the same time. Almost felt like I was in a firing squad! After the interview I had to take an assessment. I did okay on that. I could have done much better. I will find out one way or another on Thursday.

the3Rs
by Group Admin on Jun. 8, 2013 at 8:46 AM
Any news?
JeremysMom
by on Jun. 8, 2013 at 8:53 AM

Quoting the3Rs:

Any news?

Sorry, I forgot to update again. All the interviewees received an email on Wednesday to let us know that due to an unforeseen circumstance they will not be able to notify us until next Thursday. It doesn't sound good. A job opening did come up at my husband's work though and I applied for it (same type of position). 

I am kind of torn right now though. In a way I hope I don't get either job because I love what I do right now and there is a good possibility of me finding my dream job after my next contract is up. (My contract ends in August, but I am about to sign a new contract, however, it will be the last year I can do what I am doing). On the other hand, having that huge pay raise would be awesome right now.

JeremysMom
by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Bump for update.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)