Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Potluck lunch at work. Advice needed. (PIOG)

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:51 PM
  • 13 Replies

We have a monthly training coming up at work and we normally do a potluck lunch so we can have a "working" lunch and get to leave an hour early that day. For June's meeting we have to have the meeting at a different location than we normally do. I was thinking about instead of having a potluck lunch where people typically bring their slow cookers or reheat their food prior to lunch, we could have a potluck picnic where we can bring potato salad, fruit, chips, dip, etc.

We will have access to a refrigerator, however, I am wondering if it would be best to ask people to bring their own sandwich and a side to share or if we should have someone bring bread, someone bring condiments, and someone bring different sandwich meats? There will only be 9 people at the meeting.

by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 6:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
leahbeah143
by Leah on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:08 PM

can you order a sandwhich platter and then everybody could bring sides to share?

flutter523
by Tracy on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:20 PM
1 mom liked this
With only 9 people I think bringing your own sandwich and a side to share is a good idea
JeremysMom
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:00 PM
I would love to but money is a bit tight right now.

Quoting leahbeah143:

can you order a sandwhich platter and then everybody could bring sides to share?

JeremysMom
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:02 PM
I was leaning towards this and wanted to see what everyone else thought. Thanks!

Quoting flutter523:

With only 9 people I think bringing your own sandwich and a side to share is a good idea
christyg
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:06 PM

If I was planning it, I would bring the 9 sandiwches as MY contribution, and ask everyone else to bring the side dishes. But bringing their own seems fine too.

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:36 PM
I think either way is fine. Since it's so few people bringing their own sandwich makes more sense.
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:36 PM
I think either way is fine. Since it's so few people bringing their own sandwich makes more sense.
calsmom62
by Gold Member on Jun. 10, 2013 at 12:05 AM
Since its summer why don't you have a cold food challenge. Salads, cold cuts, cheese and crackers, cold desserts. Or use pizza which is cheap for nine people and ask for salads and sides.
deccaf
by Group Admin on Jun. 10, 2013 at 10:00 AM

I like the cold food challenge!  Sandwiches aren't required for a picnic.  Cold fried chicken, salads, veggie or deli trays, etc.

mickstinator
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 11:01 AM

maybe you can just potluck the sides and have each bring their own meal. or you could order sandwiches and still have people bring side dishes and drinks and desserts. it does make it harder without access to the microwave and such.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)