Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Do you get a lunch break?

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:15 PM
  • 25 Replies

If so, how long is and what do you do during that time? For the past few years, I have ate at my desk and worked so that I could pick up my son from school. With my new position, I can't eat at my desk and for most days, I will need to take a one hour lunch break. I can not eat at my desk at all. We don't have a break room but I can eat in the conference room if it is not occupied. I bring my lunch and on nice days I will probably eat at the park right next to us. When school starts back, I will be able to volunteer as a reading mom to my son's class. I am so not use to taking a lunch break so this will be a huge change for me. 

by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Josie_P
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 1:55 PM
2 moms liked this

Yes. I get an hour. Weather permitting, nanny brings my kiddos and we have lunch together. We usually have a picnic :)

mjimaging
by Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 2:04 PM
I get an hour break. We have a break room in the basement. I usually go down and eat my lunch and if I feel like it ill go for a walk outside. Otherwise I sit and play on my phone.
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 7:40 PM

At one job I get half an hour the other job I technically don't get one. I'm supposed to eat lunch with my client (I do sometimes), but I don't always because she'll eat her food and then start asking for mine. It's live in and I'm not even supposed to step outside without my client.

Cindy18
by Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 7:50 PM
We don't actually get a lunch break. We eat on the road or whenever we can get the time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nighttiger
by Ashley on Jun. 15, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Yes. I get as long as I want, but my day will be that much longer :) I usually eat at my desk then take my lunch time to get a workout in.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:10 PM

I am supposed to have a 30 minute duty free break during the day, but I don't get one. , We eat our lunch in the same area as our students but at different table.

flutter523
by Tracy on Jun. 15, 2013 at 9:41 PM
I have to eat lunch with my students. I despise that time of day lol. Lunch is 20 minutes technically but we can take as long as we need or want really (as a class)
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:59 PM
I eat at my desk or sometimes we all eat together.
Loveplusmama
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 12:33 AM
Usually I eat at my desk or I take 20 mins in our conference room. Rarely, I will run errands.
Medusa686
by Bronze Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 9:09 AM

I take a 30 min lunch break.  I bring my lunch and drive to a parking lot that is mostly empty and eat my lunch there.  I have to get away from that place and get some air.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN