Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you buy or pack your lunch?

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:48 PM
  • 14 Replies

How often do you pack your lunch? What do you usually bring?

How often do you eat out for lunch? Do you have a favorite place to buy your lunch?

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:51 PM

I pack more than I buy. I am not a big sandwich eater so I usually bring leftovers from the night before. Sometimes I'll pack a bagel with cream cheese, cereal or soup. I work in a high school so I don't get to leave for lunch, if I buy it's from the cafeteria.

charmgirl
by Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:52 PM

I used to buy lunch every day. Now my budget has become a lot tighter and i've been packing. I've been clearing out whatever old stuff we've had. Easy Mac, Uncrustables, whatever I can find basically to save on money and not waste whatever we already have. :)

awesomemom777
by New Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:55 PM

I buy way too much. I really need to start packing more often, but I seriously HATE my kitchen. I avoid working in it at all cost, which is such a bummer because I LOVE LOVE LOVE to cook. 

I am moving in two months, and having a functional kitchen is my top priority!

mickstinator
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:05 PM

i pack it mostly every day. i only buy one when i'm running late or forgot to bring my lunch for some reason.

usually i pack deli ham, cheese, an avocado, a banana, and occasionally some sun chips. 

when i buy, i usually go to wendy's - it's the closest and most convenient to my office.

Jessimun
by New Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:07 PM

i pack my lunch every day, usually with pbj, but it depends on the day then i add some fresh fruit and eaither a snack stack of chips or a small bag of something...  then a bottle of water

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:35 PM

I'm way too much of a cheapskate to buy my lunch out every day. Usually I bring leftovers, or a huge chef salad, and then go to the gym. I get an hour for lunch and live 5 minutes from work, so I sometimes go home and eat, do errands. Once in a while DH and I will go out together for a lunch date, but mostly I eat at work, especially on busy days.

bluebunnybabe
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:43 PM
My husband & I always pack, never buy. Except on Tuesdays, then he gets 99 cent chicken from Popeye's. lol. Yeah, we're cheap.
flutter523
by Tracy on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:49 PM
I pack everyday. I can't leave for lunch so if I don't bring something I'm stuck eating crapy sodium filled school lunches.
trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Jun. 18, 2013 at 8:48 AM

I pack everyday. I can't leave after I get to work so unless I order something that's delivered I'm stuck with what I brought lol. I usually bring leftovers or a salad. Every once in a while one of the ladies that works in my building will offer to pick something up for me when she goes out which is nice. Last time she did we had some really good Chinese take out.

lizard11080
by New Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 9:36 AM

I bring my lunch everyday, usually leftovers, sometimes a sandwich.  On occassion i'll join co-workers and go out and eat, but that's probably about once a month.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)