Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

vacation time booked :)

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:54 PM
  • 9 Replies

I have a good amount of vacation days to book per year.  It's a 'use it or lose it' policy, so I can't carry anything over (big bummer).

I had already booked most of my days (spring break, summer vacation, and Christmas break from 12/23-1/1), but still had some days left to book and couldn't make up my mind.  Until today.  I've officially booked them and I feel good about it.  :)

In addition to our pre-planned vacation this summer, I will also now have 2 four day weekends (took off Friday/Monday) this summer,  2 4-day weeks (took off Fridays) this fall and added a day to our Thanksgiving holiday time (so now I have off Wed-Fri that week).

Hooray :)

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
deccaf
by Group Admin on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:05 PM

NICE!  We are lucky to carry over, but with Steph, I can never really accrue anything major.  Enjoy your time off!

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:19 PM
Awesome!! I am happy to hear you have your breaks!!
flutter523
by Tracy on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:34 PM
Enjoy! My. 5 personal days for next school year are already planned for Disney.
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:45 PM
Great! Four day weekends are always fun
Loveplusmama
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:39 PM
Yay! I just put in my time for July. I will be off 9 work days in total! 5 days around the 4th of July and a full week later in July. Super excited!
leahbeah143
by Leah on Jun. 18, 2013 at 9:38 AM

awesome! Someday maybe I will have excessive vacation days to use up lol

christaberk
by Christa on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:21 AM
Hooray!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Marz31
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:21 PM

Sweet! we accrue over time and can accrue up to I think a week more than we earn in a year, it's sad that if I don't take all that I've been thinking about, I'll max out before the end of the year (generous flex time here, in my opinion!) Oh darn, I just have to take a few days off to do nothing but sit at home and read (ok, I'm planning on taking a few days off to CLEAN, but that's another story).

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Jun. 18, 2013 at 7:00 PM

Enjoy :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)