Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Movie experience

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:23 PM
  • 12 Replies

So, we went to the movies yesterday for Father's Day (he really wanted to see Man of Steel).  We got there quite early and saw people lining up outside - including the EMPLOYEES!

The theater was supposed to open at 11:45 and the movie start at 12:15.  Well, 12:15 came and went and we were all still standing outside.

We were finally allowed in, got the tickets and waited in line to get the popcorn...they were waiting to officially start the movie until most of us were inside...and when we finally got to the counter, she REFUSED to let us buy the popcorn!  She said they wanted to get "a few batches ahead" and wouldn't sell it to us!

So, we got our seats, I went out a little while later and stood in line AGAIN, missing the beginning of the movie, and finally got the popcorn.

After the movie I asked to speak with a manager to complain.  I was polite but firm.  He had TOTALLY bloodshot eyes and looked half dead.  Apparently, he *forgot* he was the manager on duty today and he was the only one with the keys.  They finally managed to wake him up calling him and he came in -but he was obviously in rough shape.

That explained the late opening and he didn't know why they refused us popcorn the first time through.  He was SO apologetic and embarrassed.  We ended up with 8 free movie passes out of it.

yeah :)

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:41 PM
1 mom liked this
You know at least he took ownership of the mess and made it right!!

Yay for free movie passes!
mickstinator
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:10 PM

I have a friend that is a manager at a theatre. if it helps your understanding at all, they usually work 55+ hours a week on salary, staying late at night til it's all cleaned up and showing up early the next morning for the rush. it's a horrible job! 

but, i will say that is terrible service. who in his right mind denies a sale when the supplies are there just to be able to quickly sell it later?!

deccaf
by Group Admin on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:23 PM

Poor guy.  Maybe he was up for the midnight showing?  At least they owned the error and gave you the freebies.

flutter523
by Tracy on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:37 PM
1 mom liked this
The power of positive complaining :0)
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:41 PM
I've never heard of refusing to sell popcorn. Enjoy your next movie experience.
preacherskid
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:37 PM

Quoting deccaf:

Poor guy.  Maybe he was up for the midnight showing?  At least they owned the error and gave you the freebies.

Our local theater all staff was required to be on shift for the midnight showing- we know one of the managers.  It was like Black Friday for the theater.  Kudos for the manager making things right :)

CafeMom Tickers
leahbeah143
by Leah on Jun. 18, 2013 at 9:36 AM

that's awesome that they actually gave you free passes for the inconvenience!

littleangie
by Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:08 AM

I had bought tickets to see "Wreck It Ralph."  I wanted to see the regular version, but they only had 3D available for the time that I wanted to see it with the kids and my dad.  The 3D did not work and we ended up getting 4 free tickets.  It was a win, win situation.  My husband and I are planning to take the kids to see Monsters, Inc. this week.  I am so EXCITED!

christaberk
by Christa on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:13 AM
Wow. Good for you for complaining!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christaberk
by Christa on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:13 AM
Wow. Good for you for complaining!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)