Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The good, the bad and the ugly (of my trip)-UPDATED with pictures in replies

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:39 PM
  • 14 Replies

Steph did great on the flights.  I was incredibly proud of her.  When we landed, my mom wanted her for the day, so my sis and I went to get pedicures.  Nice!  Got checked into my hotel, 2nd floor, no elevator in the place.  Um, are you kidding?  Nope, no elevator.  Ok, hike the stairs with baby.  Bellman took suitcase.  He was surprised when I tipped him.  :/ 

Got ready to go, went to mom's to have dinner and then head out to graduation.  78 kids!! The student body has nearly doubled (my graduation was 40). 

Get back to hotel.  Get Steph to sleep (not easy since she's been pretty wound up about seeing grandma and papa!)  Too late to get homework done, it's nearly 10 pm.  Try getting coffee pot ready to just turn on in the morning.  Coffee pot, check.  I see sugar, creamer, tea, stir sticks, WHERE IS THE COFFEE???????? Nowhere to be seen.  Ok, Steph is asleep, and since it's Kelso, everything is closed.  I'll have to get coffee at the continental breakfast tomorrow. 

Get up, really want coffee, have to wait for Steph to get up.  She wakes up, we go to breakfast, which is not really that great, but for free, you can't expect the world, right?  Coffee, by the way, SUCKS!  Go to mom's.  Have wonderful coffee, Steph gets to play some more with the cousins, and g'ma, papa. 

Time to go to lunch with biodad.  Pretty good lunch, but my aunt (who works at the restaurant) keeps coming over to butt in, so not a lot of great convo.  Time for Steph's nap, so I invite him to come to the hotel and chat while she naps.  He does.  Good convo there.

Dinner at Chinese Garden (YUM!!!!! It's my favorite place to go up there)  15 people.  Including sister's ex-husband (father of the grad), his wife and a friend.  Decent dinner convo, wonderful dinner.  Steph lap hopped for the best morsels.  Off to see my little sister's new house.  So nice!

Back to hotel, sleep for Steph, packing and getting ready for me.  Go to bed, but Steph is restless.  Wakes up with a tummy ache, sore legs, an ear ache, a sore throat, and a head ache.  All according to her.  Since she rarely complains of anything hurting, even when she has an ear infection, and we will be going on a plane, I give her some grape flavored chewable tylenol.

Up to mom's for breakfast.  I am cutting her pancake in the kitchen, she is downstairs with papa getting her table ready to eat at.  Suddenly, I am called down.  It seems blue stuff came out of her nose and it freaked my dad out.  She haad vomited a little and it came out her nose.  It was purplish-blue tylenol.  Crap, she's not feeling well and I don't have the option of staying up there. 

Get her changed, give her some crackers to settle her stomach and she feels better.  YAY!  Until we get down the hill, she tells me her tummy hurts and she feels sick.  I tell her to try to keep it in and drink some water.

Get on plane, she sleeps 90% of the way.  Slight fever last night, none this morning.  Seems to be doing ok. 

So there is my weekend in a nutshell.  Lots more happened, but that's the highlights.

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deccaf
by Group Admin on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

My biodad
deccaf
by Group Admin on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Mobile Photo

Running before graduation
deccaf
by Group Admin on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

City hall of the town I grew up in
deccaf
by Group Admin on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:58 PM

Mobile Photo

A few cousins
the3Rs
by Group Admin on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:58 PM

Wow!  Quite a jam-packed weekend!  But, despite a bit of icky feeling from Steph sounds like it was an overall success.  yeah! :)

calsmom62
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:03 PM
Ive been to kelso a few times ...miss the northwest. Thanks for sharing the pics. Glad your daughter feels veteran!!
flutter523
by Tracy on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:50 PM
Sounds like a great trip
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:56 PM
Sounds like you had a good trip. It's great that you and Steph saw your biodad.
trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Jun. 18, 2013 at 8:42 AM

Sounds like a crazy, exciting and fun weekend. Sorry Steph wasn't feeling good though.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Jun. 18, 2013 at 9:12 AM

sounds like it was crazy busy but fun!! Next time you come to Washington we'll have to plan a meet-up!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)