Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Garage sales...

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 5:39 PM
  • 7 Replies

I have one every year, and every year I say no more. I am hot and exhausted. But we made a good amount of money. We are going to do it again tomorrow. Hopefully all of this stuff goes away. We are moving in a month and so much I don't want to take to the new place. 

by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 5:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 5:55 PM

Dh wants to do one (which means he wants me to do one!).  I would rather call Goodwill and have them take it all away!

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 6:02 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm like Decca I'd just give it to Goodwill. It makes sense to sell it and get the money though.
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 6:46 PM
I have never had a garage sale. It seems like it would a lot of work for little return.
Bubbie0809
by Gold Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 7:14 PM

Quoting Marti123:

I have never had a garage sale. It seems like it would a lot of work for little return.

It is, but it isn't. I just feel better trying to sell the things I paid for, then just donate it. I usually use the money towards the kids clothes for the next season. 

But boy is it a lot of work 

flutter523
by Tracy on Jun. 21, 2013 at 10:05 PM
I haven't had one in a while. Once I'm done with kids I'll have a giant one lol
the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 10:47 PM
I do one once a year at our city wide garage sale. It is alot of work, but I like getting the $$ :). What doesn't sell, then gets donated.
trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Jun. 24, 2013 at 8:54 AM

I haven't had one in a couple years. For me it's just too much of a hassle since I wouldn't end up selling much. I've been just donating the stuff I don't want or we don't use to Goodwill so it's not hanging around forever in the chance that I might decide to have a garage sale.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)