Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

The feeling you get with good working clothes...

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 1:11 PM
  • 9 Replies

I have been going to local thrifty store to pick up a few new thigns for going back to work in the fall. 

I finally realize that when I were comfortable cute clothes I feel so much better at work. 

How do you dress so you look professional but still feel comfortable?

One of the ways I do this is really spend on good quality shoes. I can not buy cheap shoes that wer out quickly. 

Any tips?

by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 1:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 2:17 PM
Our company provides shirts. We wear jeans, which can be trendy and blingy as long as they are in good condition and still somewhat professional looking. Same with footwear...kind of whatever as long as you don't look like you're ready to shoot off fireworks down by the river! :) we are a very casual office and luckily we don't have anyone who takes the casual too far.
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 2:41 PM
I wear suits, slax, dresses. I have dressy trendy shoes for meetings with outside vendors , offfsite conferences, presentations. and I have my super comfy loagers I can wear with a lot of my outfits for days I m on my feet alot in the office.
the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 6:03 PM
I work at home so anything from jammie pants to yoga pants to shorts & jeans. Doesn't matter & I'm always comfy.
leahbeah143
by Leah on Jun. 23, 2013 at 7:52 PM

my office is very laid back so as long as I'm not wearing pj's or sweats, I can pretty much wear what I want. I usually just wear jeans and a tank top and hoodie.

Loveplusmama
by Silver Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 8:02 PM

I go business causual mostly...slacks with a nice top and jewelry. In the warmer weather I wear a ton of dresses and skirts! They are so easy! 

I agree, having good shoes is a must! 

flutter523
by Tracy on Jun. 23, 2013 at 10:17 PM
I need comfortable pants.
DoubleK9
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 7:20 AM
Quality shoes and one or two quality pairs of pants. Other than that I am really good at shopping for inexpensive shirts that make me look very put together. My office is business casual.
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 7:57 AM
My job is really laid back and I can wear anything. I usually wear sweatpants and a tshirt.
trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Jun. 24, 2013 at 8:14 AM

I wear a uniform so I don't have to worry about what I'm wearing each day. I do agree that a quality pair of shoes are a must. Right now I work at a desk but I previously did a lot of walking because I did mobile patrol so I don't buy the same shoes I did then.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN