Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

From SAHM to WPTM.........

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 2:19 PM
  • 14 Replies

Just wondering if anyone else has felt this way....

I was a stay at home mom for 7 years. Five of those years I went to school online to obtain my Associates and then Bachelors.

I was unable to obtain a job in my field so I started waitressing here in my town PT until my YO starts Kindergarten.

While I was a SAHM and going to school I never had any issues keeping my house clean and meals cooked. Now that I am working PT it seems it takes every little oz of me to get the house clean. Sometimes I won't do anything with it for 2-3 days.

Anyone else find it more difficult to keep up with the house while you work?

by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 2:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Seagodess
by Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 6:24 PM
Yes and i work full time. Does your dh and kids help?
It's much easier when you have help. Dh tales out the garbage, helps with dishs, laundry and other stuff. Ds is responsible for his room, putting all his toys and stuff away and folding and putting away His laundry. Sometimes things pile up and my house is never spotless, but that's ok. It probably could be if i cared enough, but having some free time to sit on my butt at night is more important.
leahbeah143
by Leah on Jun. 23, 2013 at 7:49 PM

for sure. although dd is old enough to be given chores now so that helps.

flutter523
by Tracy on Jun. 23, 2013 at 10:15 PM
Of course. I work ft and I'd rather spend time with my kids than clean
HilbillyMamaof3
by Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:04 AM
I just went to work PT this week; my house was a nightmare by today. The laundry is like it has breeded, I had dishes in the sink and the floors, my lord the floors. *headshaking* I know I have to figure out something.
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 1:24 AM

I think everyone does really.  between working full time, my kids, my hubby, the dog, etc. it is hard to get sleep much less worry about how clean my house is.  I try and keep it picked up but I dont worry about it being immaculate unless guests are expected.

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 7:59 AM
Yes! Everyone needs to help pitch in to keep the house clean. Try to take a little time every evening to do a little bit of cleaning.
saraewhite
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 8:31 AM

They help to an extent. My husband will pick up the house evry once in a great while and the kids are another matter. My son, who will be 7 next month, doesn't really make any messes. My daughter, who is 4 1/2, on the the other hand is constantly taking her toys out and not putting them away, changes her outfit about 20 times a day and leaves them on the floor and when she gets upset she throws everything. I have tried taking her stuff away (for a month) didn't phase her. I have taken away her tv until she gets it done with little effect. She is by far the most difficult one.

Quoting Seagodess:

Yes and i work full time. Does your dh and kids help?
It's much easier when you have help. Dh tales out the garbage, helps with dishs, laundry and other stuff. Ds is responsible for his room, putting all his toys and stuff away and folding and putting away His laundry. Sometimes things pile up and my house is never spotless, but that's ok. It probably could be if i cared enough, but having some free time to sit on my butt at night is more important.

saraewhite
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 8:31 AM

I work in the evenings so I have to try and do it during the day.

Quoting cjsmom1:

Yes! Everyone needs to help pitch in to keep the house clean. Try to take a little time every evening to do a little bit of cleaning.

saraewhite
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 8:32 AM

As long as it looks decent I don't care but that is where the problem lies.

Quoting MixedCooke:

I think everyone does really.  between working full time, my kids, my hubby, the dog, etc. it is hard to get sleep much less worry about how clean my house is.  I try and keep it picked up but I dont worry about it being immaculate unless guests are expected.

saraewhite
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 8:33 AM

Good luck!

Quoting HilbillyMamaof3:

I just went to work PT this week; my house was a nightmare by today. The laundry is like it has breeded, I had dishes in the sink and the floors, my lord the floors. *headshaking* I know I have to figure out something.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)