Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

What Era Would You Have Wanted To Live In?

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:50 PM
  • 33 Replies

I would have loved to have been a 1950's housewife.

I love their fashion, the clothes, makeup and hair.

I lovethe fact that I wouldhave been home all day long with my children preparing dinner, baking, playing cards with the girls and having a tidy house. Welcoming my husband home with dinner and a smile.

Morals were wonderful, faith was a welcome thing and life was simpler!

So if you could have lived in any era what would it be and why?

by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mickstinator
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:52 PM

I would stick with the present day. 

We're the most open-minded, women have more rights and abilities than any other era, we understand our universe more than ever, our world is more peaceful than it's ever been. I think we're living in the golden era. 

M4LG5
by Valeri on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Honestly, I couldn't go backwards in time.  As glamorous and easy going as some eras seem, I can't imagine living in a world with so much prejudices. 

saraewhite
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:54 PM

Besides all the political aspects. There isn't one era you would choose?

Quoting mickstinator:

We're the most open-minded, women have more rights and abilities than any other era, we understand our universe more than ever, our world is more peaceful than it's ever been. I think we're living in the golden era. 

saraewhite
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:55 PM

Besides all the negative things, prejudice, rights, politics, ect, ect. No other era would have been interesting to grow up in?

Quoting M4LG5:

Honestly, I couldn't go backwards in time.  As glamorous and easy going as some eras seem, I can't imagine living in a world with so much prejudices. 

mickstinator
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:56 PM

I didn't think those were just political...We're safer, smarter, and more successful now. 

I do love '20s style. Slinky and fun!

Quoting saraewhite:

Besides all the political aspects. There isn't one era you would choose?

Quoting mickstinator:

M4LG5
by Valeri on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Maybe the 50s or 60s because of the music and fashion but it's too hard to say when every piece of my life would be affected by the prejudices, rights, politics, etc.

Quoting saraewhite:

Besides all the negative things, prejudice, rights, politics, ect, ect. No other era would have been interesting to grow up in?

Quoting M4LG5:

ilovemy3boys
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:58 PM

I would say 60"s . I could of def been a flower child lol

M4LG5
by Valeri on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:59 PM

Quoting ilovemy3boys:

I would say 60"s . I could of def been a flower child lol

Wasn't that more in the 70s?

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 4:05 PM

I don't know. I love different aspects of all the different decades.....but I do so LOVE my modern conveniences!

christyg
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 4:05 PM

I want to be a 50's housewife too. Screw this "Supermom" crap. I just want to raise my kids, love my hubby, take care of my house, and have a happy family. Things seemed so much simpler then.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN