Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

How do you commute to work?

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 11:34 PM
  • 24 Replies

Poll

Question: How to do commute to work?

Options:

Personal vehicle

Company vehicle

Carpool

Bus

Train

Taxi

Bike

Walk

Combination of the above

No commute/work at home

Other (please explain)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 46

View Results

by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 11:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 3:18 AM

transportation system in South Florida is not reliable

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 7:25 AM
My commute is eight min most of the time , occasionally construction makes it longer
Mommabearbergh
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 7:27 AM
Commuter rail we have out here in mass
trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Jun. 27, 2013 at 8:00 AM

It's about 15 miles to my job so I drive. It takes anywhere between 20 minutes and an hour depending on traffic.

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 3:41 PM

I live in NYC so it's train :(  I wish my commute was from my bed to my living room computer instead.

ninamsi
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 3:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I take public transportation.  I walk to the first bus, then the subway, then I take another bus and finally walk three blocks to work.  Sometimes my dh gives me a ride to work if he is at home.

ninamsi
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 3:51 PM

I feel the same way.  It is really rough when there is a heat wave or really cold.

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

I live in NYC so it's train :(  I wish my commute was from my bed to my living room computer instead.

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 3:53 PM

We've been in the 90's since the beginning of the weak, but today feels so much hotter because of the higher humidity.  :(

Quoting ninamsi:

I feel the same way.  It is really rough when there is a heat wave or really cold.

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

ninamsi
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 3:55 PM

I'm in Philly.  Our weather has been about the same as yours.  We've had pop up thunderstorms as well.  Really annoying.

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

We've been in the 90's since the beginning of the weak, but today feels so much hotter because of the higher humidity.  :(

Quoting ninamsi:

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 3:58 PM

OMG we've had that "chance of shower" forecast everyday and it seemed like they were really sure of today.  Lo and behold, we've got nothing and it REALLY needs to rain now because the humidity and the air is just so thick and heavy! 

Quoting ninamsi:

I'm in Philly.  Our weather has been about the same as yours.  We've had pop up thunderstorms as well.  Really annoying.

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

Quoting ninamsi:

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)