Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Dose anyone Feel me?

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 10:26 PM
  • 4 Replies

Okay, so bit of Bg.  I'm working my first EVER factory job, I started 6 months ago and its been a bumpy 6 months.  the first few weeks I worked I had to rearrange my schedule because Ds fractured his foot, and got a concussion.  Then They had to take apart one of the lines and since I'm not full time I was laid off for a month.  Well Now Its just Flipping Hotter than hell! I wanna know why Olsha says I cant wear Shorts, I would like one of them to come in and work in 90+ degree weather In Long Pants Steel toe boots and a t-shirt.  So I come home Exhausted even tho I drink 2 ltrs of water a day!  Its been a rough 6 months but I'm Going to keep at it because I need this Job *sighs* I'm off to bed.  Thanks for listing to me complain

Night all!

by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 10:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 10:34 PM
Sorry about your working conditions!! Maybe you could try the personal cooling shirts under your work clothes ...Dicks sporting goods advertised them recently.
harmony7
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:57 AM

Frog Toggs carries a line of cooling items from neck wraps to hats and shirts if that would help you. I am so sorry I hate being hot, I do feel you in that respect! 

Pam in Alabama
A Mom to nine sons and one daughter with five still at home
leahbeah143
by Leah on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:11 AM

that would suck! I remember I worked in the office at a factory, and going out into the warehouse was always a million degrees in the summer.

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:25 AM

DH works in the same kind of situation.  Not a factory, but an area that would be impossible to cool if they tried.  He cannot wear shorts due to safety.  He comes home cranky in the middle of the summer.  I, on the other hand, work in an office where people think 60 is an appropriate inside temp. year round.  I have a personal heater going in my office all year long. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)