Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's yours?

Posted by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 3:43 PM
  • 6 Replies

I was looking through the pics of a bunch of my facebook friends just to catch up a bit and I noticed that many of my friends have very distinct lifestyles.

For example:

• One is very "earthy" - all natural, organic, wears dirty/holy/hippy clothes, composts regularly and is very "back to nature" with moutain climbing, etc.
  • One is "high society" - living in a 150 year old home lovingly restored to its original glory, sailing on the ocean, a good time is spent at the winery or vineyard, attends eclectic performances of non mainstream musicians in the city, attends art galleries on a regular basis
  • Other friends are very much into their causes - whatever that 'cause' may be - and their lives revolve around it

There's down-to-earth, simple, country folk - there's big city movers and shakers, there's extreme folks (extreme sports for example).

So...what are you?  Do you have a specific 'lifestyle' that can be summed up in a few words which would make EVERYONE "get" the kind of life you lead?

I, sadly, have apparently no identifiable lifestyle.  I must be the MOST boring person in the world and I'm betting no one reads my facebook and thinks - wow, she's really passionate about "X". 

:(

by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 3:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 3:54 PM

I am very eclectic.  I grew up country, so I love nature and peace and quiet.  But I live in the suburbs now, and love the ease with which I can go and do things.  I love the mountains, I love the ocean.  I wouldn't say I am a particular "type".  I also don't think I'm "boring" because I have such diverse interests and activities that I am fairly knowledgeable about a variety of topics. 

mickstinator
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 3:54 PM

I'm very suburban. I am a progressive. I like my close proximity to all things convenient, including the city and the country. ; )

flutter523
by Tracy on Jun. 28, 2013 at 4:12 PM
I don't think I have a definitive life style either. Just normal
christaberk
by Christa on Jun. 28, 2013 at 6:36 PM
Normal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
harmony7
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:27 PM

I am a hard working Christian  mom of ten and grandma of three. Down to earth, conservative and simple. We are  passionate about caring for the down trodden and needy opening our home to the homeless and desparate on many occasions....we live what we preach and preach what we live. Things are not as important as time spent together.

Pam in Alabama
A Mom to nine sons and one daughter with five still at home
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:18 PM
Spoiled & girly, suburban, working, middle class, soccer mom.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)