Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

When the kids are gone...

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 5:21 PM
  • 8 Replies
1 mom liked this

So, I was watching a movie last night and a line in the movie really hit home. It basically said to remember to put your DH / SO as a priority because, when the kids are gone and work is over, he will still be the one by our sides if we do it right. And, its so true. Sometimes I find myself getting caught between work, house, kids, etc, that I expect DH to somewhat take care of himself. However, he needs my attention as much as all of the above. Last night I made a point to spend at least an hour with him in the office just chatting even though I was passing out tired. I figured I would post this as a reminder for us all and to find out the last thing you ladies did to take extra time out for your DH/SO or what you did to specifically make them feel special.

by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 5:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Mommabearbergh
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 5:39 PM
I think its always nice to take some time with dh. Our is when he drives me home from work on the weekends. Its the time when we can just laugh and such during the week its about the kids.
leahbeah143
by Leah on Jun. 29, 2013 at 5:46 PM

it's definitly something we tend to forget about. Thanks for the reminder!

preacherskid
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 6:24 PM

I try to have tea with him at night, or watch a favorite movie with him once or twice a month.  It is hard because I am so tired, but I know he appreciates the time and effort.

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:54 AM
as our kids have gotten older we will go out to dinner together or off for a drive. when the older kids were home we could go off for a weekend lol. i have to work hard to come up with conversation topics besides the kids sometimes.
flutter523
by Tracy on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:43 AM
I've been trying harder to do this lately. I find myself completely consumed with the kids these days and with SO working so much we aren't connecting lately
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 4:28 PM
I hate to admit this, but I totally grasp divorce after kids are gone!! Marriage is so much work!

I try to be intimate with my DH several times a week, (lol sorry if TMI, but luckily you don't know us a that well, so hopefully it's not too scarring) and it's all for him, because I am so exhausted--I have no desire! I also let him go cycling for his own mental health. We try to do lunch dates 2-3 times a month as well!
happinessforyou
by Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 3:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Our kids are almost out the door-last one goes to college in the fall- can't wait to be just a "couple" again! Vacations, dinners, concerts,shows etc..etc... just the 2 of us! WHoopppiiee!!!!

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:58 PM

I agree. This is one of the reason my son's dad and I broke up. We were both so caught up with everything in our own lives we forgot about us.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)