Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

How's it been?

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 1:59 PM
  • 14 Replies
Well, the year is already HALF over!! So, tell us how 2013 is treating you so far. Milestones, accomplishments, 'a-ha' moments, etc. from the past 6 months.
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 1:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bubbie0809
by Gold Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 7:23 PM

so far it has been a mixed year -  some great things (just spending time with my mom, my husband an kids) 

Some mediocre things - my weight loss journey

Some disappointing things - selling my house and moving into a rental. 

I am hoping for better things for the rest of the year. 

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 7:47 PM
- I had a rather heavy work travel schedule the first half - Canada twice, San Diego once & Chicago once (was supposed to be twice but I had to cancel one) - 4 trips in 6 months.

- Sent my oldest son off on his D.C. trip which was the longest & furthest he's been away from us.

- Paid of a little iver 1/2 of our debt.

Can't think of much else that is noteworthy.

Loveplusmama
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:08 AM
I am not loving 2013.

Strep three times.
Breast lump removed.
missed out on two jobs bc the companies promoted from within instead, despite positive interview feedback.

But, I have a lot of vacation time coming up!
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:14 AM
its been pretty good
started my prof cert studies, kids are moving onto middle school and high school. we had a few blips. stove had to be replaced. then the dishwasher.
flutter523
by Tracy on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:45 AM
4 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Most notable was the addition of this guy
Marz31
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:43 PM

absolute roller coaster. at the beginning of the year, DH was preparing to be laid off. it was to happen while we were on our vacation to visit my parents while they were snowbirding on the Gulf Coast in mid January, but then it got extended to the end of February and then 2 weeks before that date, they offered him a new position within the company complete with the bonus he was promised which he negotiated to get half as bonus, half as salary (smart man!) so he's still gainfully employed and we didn't have to figure out how to keep DD in preschool (as opposed to full time daycare with preschool in the morning at the same place). DD's had her moments, most of May was a real bear, 4 is proving to be far more terrible than two. then June brought some unexpected expenses that cause me to rethink the future and that's a VERY good thing. I decided to take out a longer-term (44 months) 401K loan, pay myself interest and not pay interest to the credit card companies, in addition to paying off the unexpected items that came up. It's so weird, but it's SO freeing! I'm actually looking forward to the future, versus dreading never being able to pay down the debt we got into when we were younger and far too stupid! I'm excited to see where this will lead us. And in honor of my parents 50th anniversary (was last Saturday) we booked a trip to go visit them and unlike normal where we go for a week trip, but two days are full on travel, we're going for 10 days total, so 8 days to spend with them! I'm seriously excited, DD is going to have a blast :) Oh and I got my annual review last week, no surprises including the raise, same as always, small, but it's a raise, so that's what matters. I'm grateful to work for my company, the other benefits are awesome, so I really can't complain.

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 4:09 PM
Hmmmmm:

Coping and learning to embrace our unplanned pregnancy.

Continuing our battle with Malachi or more politically correct: learning how to parent our high needs 3 year old.

The start of never-ending impromptu play dates for my social 5 yo, with the constant risk of doorbell rings at any time. Never can I go bra-less or have a inhabitable house again! I know, sounds like no big deal, but it's a big transition to no expectation of privacy.

And remembering to stick it out through "for worse " parts of our marriage vows, it's been a rough year for our relationship!!

We got a bi-weekly house cleaner.

I continue(d) my crazy plight working two jobs even through severe vomiting, depression and fatigue.

My DH has taken up the time consuming hobby of cycling. So far no major head trauma, but we have had some major clothes calls, with sprained wrist, knee, ankle and a heck of a lot of abrasions and bleeding!

We are a house of life, growth and renewal, 3 baby birds nests and recently two rabbit nests, lots of garden plants from seed. It's great for the boys to see!
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 4:14 PM
Was breast lump benign, or are you undergoing treatment?

Quoting Loveplusmama:

I am not loving 2013.

Strep three times.

Breast lump removed.

missed out on two jobs bc the companies promoted from within instead, despite positive interview feedback.

Loveplusmama
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 7:45 PM
Benign, thank goodness. But a phyloddes (?) tumor so the took wide margins (1 cm all sides). My surgeon did great but the scar is an ever present reminder...I heal well so I am hopeful I will feel better about it in 6-12 months.

Quoting Marti123:

Was breast lump benign, or are you undergoing treatment?

Quoting Loveplusmama:

I am not loving 2013.

Strep three times.

Breast lump removed.

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:07 PM

I was laid off from one of my jobs this year. I took in my entire family (brither, sister, and mom), but everyone is finally getting out. That's pretty much it, it's beeen a rather uneventful year thus far.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN