Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

21 days

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 7:50 PM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this

They say it takes 21 days to develop a habit. When training, put up a Post It note for each day and rip them off when you're done to keep motivated.

They say it takes 21 days to develop a habit. When training, put up a Post It note for each day and rip them off when you're done to keep motivated.

by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 7:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 7:59 PM
Seeing 20 post its as a reminder that I have 20 days left might be a bit discouraging. I tell myself "get through today" and basically take it one at a time.
flutter523
by Tracy on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:24 AM
I like the idea but maybe the habit would just be pulling the post it off the wall lol
leahbeah143
by Leah on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:03 AM

It would definitely be worth a shot!

boshs1andonly
by Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:05 AM

i could do this, but maybe backwards so instead of seeing how far you have left to go, you can see how far you've come. 

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:19 AM

That's a neat idea!

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:25 AM

Oh my goodness, I LOVE this!!!

Now, I just have to think of what habit I want to develop....I mean, I'm running with my kids (2 days so far - so just started) but we don't go everyday.  We're planning 1-2 days of 'rest' in between.  So...do I only pull off the tab on the days I run??

I'm also working on kicking my diet coke habit (at my oldest son's request).  He developed a 6 week plan for me to wean off of them which avoids the crashing withdrawal...so not sure how that would work either...

But I DO love the idea!

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:32 AM

I love this idea!

Spirit.heart
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:35 PM

Very clever - you would look forward to taking a note off every day like an advent calendar.

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:42 PM
Awesome idea!!

I have read it takes closer to 60 days, but I bet you are a quick learner compared to my stubborn ok' family, lol!!

Good luck.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN