Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

I will never walk again

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:20 AM
  • 9 Replies

My soon to be high schooler is in cross country and has a summer running schedule.  He doesn't want to run with the running club, so I said I'd run with him.

What.  Was.  I.  Thinking.

I can't even keep up - 10 seconds down the road, and with that long stride of his, he's long gone.  Because he's training he can't slow down and wait for me.  The other 2 boys (9, 6) were running too, so they would stop & walk and go with me so I wasn't alone, LOL.  My 6 year old was convinced I'd get lost without him - he was so proud to show me the way :)

But after 2 days of this (with a day of rest in between even!) my legs HURT, HURT, HURT!!!  I can barely walk downstairs to work.  I know it will get better but MAN.  OW!!!  Oh, and I know there are normal 1-2 pound fluctuations on any given day, but I GAINED one pound after running these 2 days...GRRRR.

by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:23 AM

Oh, poor mama!  I used to run before I got pregnant, and I was sore for days after starting.

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:34 AM

:(

I'm sorry you're so sore! :(  I say keep at it.  Their running and being able to spend time with them is great motivation for you.  You're not only getting exercise, but also building memories with them ;)

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:36 AM

I started running a couple of years ago because I thought it was a good, cheap way to exercise that I could do anywhere without equipment or a gym membership. Yeah - I am not a runner. It hurts. And really - I don't need to run in my real life. Now when I'm at the gym, I walk on the treadmill on an incline. No more running for me!

Good luck - hopefully the soreness goes away soon!

firstimemommy23
by New Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:06 AM

ohhh. hope you get better. stretching well atleast during ten mins before and after your run should do magic.  I didnt used to believe what a great diffeence it makes, but it actually does.  next time u do a run, stretch well and the next day should not be as painful.

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Thanks.  We did stretch before but not after.  I'll try that - I'll try ANYTHING, LOL.  :)

Quoting firstimemommy23:

ohhh. hope you get better. stretching well atleast during ten mins before and after your run should do magic.  I didnt used to believe what a great diffeence it makes, but it actually does.  next time u do a run, stretch well and the next day should not be as painful.

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:35 PM
Better you than me, i only run very short sprints. I am sorry you are so sore!! Good luck!
flutter523
by Tracy on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:21 PM
I wish I could run. I've never been any good at it and it kills my knees
the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:23 PM
Quoting flutter523:

I wish I could run. I've never been any good at it and it kills my knees
I'm definitely not good at it :) But, it's something that makes me feel good later (despite the aching legs).
Nighttiger
by Ashley on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:24 PM
It will get better :) the first few days are the hardest. Great job doing it!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN