Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Are you working today or did you get a long holiday weekend?

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 10:09 AM
  • 32 Replies

DH and I are both working today. He and his lab tech rotate time off around the holidays. Here in my office, we are half-staff. It is nice in a way - quiet, good for getting things done (like closing the June books). Sure was difficult to get up this morning though!

Are you working today or did you get a nice long holiday weekend?

by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 10:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2curly
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 10:41 AM

I am working today unfortunately

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:32 AM
2 moms liked this

I'm working today and got to work yesterday. I do start my vacation at 3pm though and won't be back to work until the 15th

ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:38 AM

I am physically at work....

=0)

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:54 AM

I could have had the day off, but figured I am not wasting a day off by staying home.  I'll save a day off for when it's needed or we go somewhere.

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:57 AM
1 mom liked this

:) We are all kind of that way here too!

Quoting ivf_blessed:

I am physically at work....

=0)

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:57 AM

I agree. I don't want to take a vacation day when we don't have any plans. I'll work today and use my vacation day for an actual vacation!

Quoting deccaf:

I could have had the day off, but figured I am not wasting a day off by staying home.  I'll save a day off for when it's needed or we go somewhere.

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 12:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I had hoped for a beach trip, but DH wanted to relax at home.  Relaxing?  Maybe for him, I have too much to do at home to relax.  So, I'll work.

Quoting adamsmom0116:

I agree. I don't want to take a vacation day when we don't have any plans. I'll work today and use my vacation day for an actual vacation!

Quoting deccaf:

M4LG5
by Valeri on Jul. 5, 2013 at 12:17 PM
I took off today and all of next week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 12:18 PM

Yeah, I hear ya. DH and kids can relax on a day at home, but not me. If nothing else, there's always laundry and meals to deal with - but there's ALWAYS something else too. Home is not exactly relaxing.

Quoting deccaf:

I had hoped for a beach trip, but DH wanted to relax at home.  Relaxing?  Maybe for him, I have too much to do at home to relax.  So, I'll work.

Quoting adamsmom0116:

Quoting deccaf:

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 12:18 PM

Wow! Big plans?

Quoting M4LG5:

I took off today and all of next week.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN