Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

AM I THE ONLY ONE??

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:12 AM
  • 28 Replies

My hubby mentions occasionally that if only he made more money that I could stay home, etc.  I keep telling him that is not something that I would ever do.  I am a work horse and while there are days that I dont feel like going into work, I do like going to work and actually start getting depressed if I am home too long.  Its just not in me to be a stay at home wife and Mom even though I am sort of since I work nights.  Even if I won the lottery, I would still probably work part time at the very least.  I will probably be the 70+ year old that they have to force to retire.

Am I the only one that feels this way?

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MeLuvYou
by New Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:14 AM
Kind of?!? I'm a workaholic too. However, if DH and I have more kids and I have the opportunity to stay home, I might take it. I'd probably still work PT but the hours I work just are not fair to my ds anymore!:(
WLJ2316
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:19 AM
1 mom liked this
Nope. I left work 4 months ago to be a SAHM because DH got a new job that allowed me to not have to work.

Needless to say, I start back to work again next week. I feel better and take better care of myself when I work. I get adult interaction and quiet time to myself, and I'm just overall a much more peaceful, happier, healthier person and *mother* when I invest in myself and my own personal goals. I don't think I'll ever consider being a SAHM again unless I have to.
rissarin
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:45 AM
I like working. If hubs made enough money for me to stay home, I would still work. I probably wouldn't work as much as I do now, but I'd still work some.
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:50 AM
If I had the money I'd quit work and go back to school full-time. After I finish I'd work part-time.
LNLMommy
by Kelli on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:21 AM

Nope-I had a brief period to be a sahm and it just wasn't for me. I like to get out and work and even if money wasn't an issue, I'd still work somewhere-if only part time

leahbeah143
by Leah on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:47 AM

If I had a s/o that made enough for me to stay home, I would still work, at least part time. I am learning how to make beaded jewelry so I would love to stay home and do that!

lilbit53009
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:54 AM

kinda. i've always worked and had my own so i think it's be hard for me to actually stop working and just stay home. but if we won the lottery or DH had a 6+ figure income i'd feel a lil more comfy staying at home.

koalasami
by New Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:09 AM
I would love to stay home! I am a single mom so that is not really an option but if I could I would definitely like to be home with the kids more.
adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:15 AM

Nope. There is no way I could be a SAHM. I need to work to have something to do outside of my family.

deccaf
by Group Admin on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Nope.  I love my job and while I would like more time with DD, I can't see myself being a SAHM.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)