Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

How long? Why?

Posted by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 2:14 PM
  • 9 Replies

How long have you been at your place of employment? 

Why have you stayed?

I've been at mine for a little over 5 yrs.  It is a privately owned small but very successful company, they care a lot about their employees and our families.  The pay and benefits are really good. & I love what I do (we deal with import/export of steel).

by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 2:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 2:37 PM

I've been at them both for just under 2 years. I will be looking for a new job.

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 3:30 PM
5 1/2 years. I stay because of the amazing 'family first' mentality, flexibility, great pay & benefits and I really love what I do. :)
2curly
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 7:19 PM

5 years, but I am hoping to find something new. 

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jul. 20, 2013 at 9:23 PM

I'll be starting my 10th school year in the fall. I have been an assistant in the same classroom for 9 years. I stay because the school that I work in is the high school in my kids school district so it's convenient, close to home, same school calendar as my kids. The health insurance is incredible, the hours are good, but most of all I really enjoy the students that I work with. It's awesome to see the progress they make over the years.

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Jul. 20, 2013 at 9:26 PM

6 months and I love it

Bubbie0809
by Gold Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 9:42 AM

I have been at my job for 16 years. The pay and benefits are really good also i work at home and LOVE the flexibility of that. 

I have no plans to ever leave. 

Mireya926
by Mire on Jul. 21, 2013 at 11:38 AM

At my current Job I have been rhere for almost 1 year. Why have I stayed it still the new job, there are posibilities in growth.

harmony7
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 11:48 AM

I have been in playground sales for 13  years but with my new company as a self employed contract labor for on year this month.

I Love what I do and I love the flexibility of working from home and still getting to travel and meet people.

Pam in Alabama
A Mom to nine sons and one daughter with five still at home
flutter523
by Tracy on Jul. 22, 2013 at 8:59 PM
7 years. I stay because I'm secure there and there are very few teaching jobs here where I'd have the same security
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN