Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Bye bye Packers :(. Or not??

Posted by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 2:56 PM
  • 8 Replies
We spent more than budgeted for our vacation so though we have the $$ in savings, we decided that going to the Packer game would not be a good financial decision. So, we're reselling the tickets & cancelling the hotel which puts $550 back in our pockets (not to mention the $$ we'll save on gas & food).

Financially smart? Yeah. But I'm SUCH a huge Packer fan & this was my one chance to go to a game. :(. So...dumb as it is, I'm sitting here crying. How lame am I?

Update below. Wow.
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 2:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
rissarin
by Gold Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 3:35 PM
You're not lame. I would cry too! But not over the Packers. Hehe. :)
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 3:54 PM
im so sorry!! but you did earn the responsible grownup award ... now start finding contests to win a trip to Green Bay!!!!!
the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 6:03 PM
2 moms liked this
So, my parents offered to buy the tickets & use the hotel room on their credit card. Better than a stranger, right?

So, they stopped up today, brought $550 and then said "happy anniversary"...and didn't take the tickets!

Basically, they just gifted us our anniversary Packer trip and we're still going!!

I have to admit I feel really guilty & I tried several times to say no & give it back but they were adamant.

Mixed feelings - joy, gratitude, guilt.
2curly
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 7:12 PM

That is awesome.  That was so nice of them.  

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 8:46 PM
parents can be awesome:). i'm very happy for you!!!

Quoting the3Rs:

So, my parents offered to buy the tickets & use the hotel room on their credit card. Better than a stranger, right?

So, they stopped up today, brought $550 and then said "happy anniversary"...and didn't take the tickets!

Basically, they just gifted us our anniversary Packer trip and we're still going!!

I have to admit I feel really guilty & I tried several times to say no & give it back but they were adamant.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jul. 20, 2013 at 9:17 PM

I think that's an awesome anniversary gift~ enjoy :)

Quoting the3Rs:

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 9:20 PM

That is an amazing gift. Enjoy the trip.

flutter523
by Tracy on Jul. 22, 2013 at 8:58 PM
Awe what great parents you have!! But I understand the guilt, I'm the same way

Quoting the3Rs:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)