Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Remodel?

Posted by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 4:03 PM
  • 14 Replies
How often do you remodel or redecorate? Any big projects coming up?
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 4:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
christaberk
by Christa on Jul. 20, 2013 at 4:10 PM
Never...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 4:24 PM
when we bought the house we had to redo almost everything but kept the parquet in most if the house. last yr. we ripped out the parquet and did tile in most of the main rooms and kitchen. we also replaced all but a couple of bedroom windows. we re did the playroom about five yrs. ago. next are the bathrooms. i found the perfect idea solution for dh bath. now i have to figure out what to do in mine. . dh isn't handy so its a matter of a contractor for everything. the roof is on the list too.
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 9:01 PM
the more I think sbout. yeah the whole house needs remodeling. sigh.

Quoting calsmom62:

when we bought the house we had to redo almost everything but kept the parquet in most if the house. last yr. we ripped out the parquet and did tile in most of the main rooms and kitchen. we also replaced all but a couple of bedroom windows. we re did the playroom about five yrs. ago. next are the bathrooms. i found the perfect idea solution for dh bath. now i have to figure out what to do in mine. . dh isn't handy so its a matter of a contractor for everything. the roof is on the list too.

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 9:03 PM

Never. I rent so there's no remodeling for me. I'd love to decorate, but no money.

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Jul. 20, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Almost never but we still need to do the babys room

Katieatie
by Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 10:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Never, we live in military housing. If we change something we have to change it back...and well thats not going to happen lol

mattsmate
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 10:25 AM

We do things here and there. We just some yard stuff. 

Wife to Matt (7/12/09) and mommy to Samara (10/2012)

big smile mini

beachbum74
by Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 11:57 AM

I'm also in the never category. I rent and I could remodel since it's a family owned home but I cannot afford to.

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 2:18 PM
We will need to finish the basement in the next 2-3 years. I'd love to sooner but no money :(

I am redecorating and re-organizing a bit in anticipation of baby. Funny, the only times I have ever really decorated the house, are in anticipation of new babies.

Sad but funny, I lived in my house with temporary window treatments for nearly 8 years, until I became pregnant with my first son, haha, suddenly it was like, "I'll be home, I need real blinds and furniture!!!"
sfq1234
by New Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 2:59 PM
2 moms liked this

We're starting our kitchen renovation tomorrow-new countertops, sink, cooktop, cabinet doors and opening up the wall into the dining room.  Can't wait!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN