Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Get it right! Geez!

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:15 PM
  • 8 Replies

I am purchasing this software program to keep track of our investors. I think we are on revision #5 because the developer just can NOT manage to get the wording correct on our stock certificates. Words are misspelled, funky things show up magically when you print....all kinds of weird things. Now, I understand things happen, people make typos, etc. But at this point, I'm starting to get a bit miffed! 5 revisions just seems like 2 or 3 too many to me.

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mickstinator
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:19 PM

we work with developers in india for a subscription software for our customers. they.are.awful. i can't even read the emails because they don't make sense. SO FRUSTRATING. 

deccaf
by Group Admin on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:19 PM

Unless the product is 20 years old.  But within a short time, it should be the original and maybe 1 update.

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:21 PM

This guy is in Nebraska, I believe. We don't have communication problems. He just can't get it right. I can't begin to imagine how frustrating it would be for your India communications! ugh!

Quoting mickstinator:

we work with developers in india for a subscription software for our customers. they.are.awful. i can't even read the emails because they don't make sense. SO FRUSTRATING. 

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:22 PM

It's not old. Less than a decade. And, they design it around each company's needs. Updates I can understand, but this is correcting their misspellings and things like that.  Golly, it's frustrating!

Quoting deccaf:

Unless the product is 20 years old.  But within a short time, it should be the original and maybe 1 update.

mickstinator
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:26 PM

The petty obvious mistakes are almost more annoying than the big ones. Maybe you're on lucky number 5, eh? 

Our guys wrote the software for us. It is good software...when the kinks don't completely debilitate the whole thing. We have had a MAJOR problem (I can't upload any new material without getting an error message) for nearly a year now. Cue massive headache.

Quoting adamsmom0116:

This guy is in Nebraska, I believe. We don't have communication problems. He just can't get it right. I can't begin to imagine how frustrating it would be for your India communications! ugh!

Quoting mickstinator:

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Must be a fancy program if it won't even let you upload new stuff!

Quoting mickstinator:

The petty obvious mistakes are almost more annoying than the big ones. Maybe you're on lucky number 5, eh? 

Our guys wrote the software for us. It is good software...when the kinks don't completely debilitate the whole thing. We have had a MAJOR problem (I can't upload any new material without getting an error message) for nearly a year now. Cue massive headache.

Quoting adamsmom0116:

Quoting mickstinator:

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:56 PM

Why do they keep messing it up? I'd be annoyed after the third time.

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:39 PM
Apparently they just aren't very thorough. Probably wouldn't bother me so much if it was for something internal, but these are the stock certificates that we send to our investors!

Quoting cjsmom1:

Why do they keep messing it up? I'd be annoyed after the third time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)