Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

How can I get this child out of my bed?

Posted by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 8:54 AM
  • 16 Replies

How can I get my daughter out of my bed? She's 16 months and she always starts off in her crib but by the middle of the night (when im dead tired i might add) I always end up bringing her in the bed with us. I am just sooo tired, I end up putting her in the bed so that we can get some rest.
Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated!

by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 8:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LivinDeadGurl
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 11:12 AM

You may just have to deal with a few sleepless nights. Keep her in her own bed. Check on her when she needs something and then go back to bed.

mickstinator
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 11:16 AM

When I was trying to do the same with my son, I slept on the floor of his room and sneaked out after he fell asleep. It was rather difficult. I don't know how else to do it, though! 

Good luck! 

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Jul. 26, 2013 at 4:34 PM
We used the sleep lady method when ds1 was 9 months. Took 3 nights and he was slewping on his own. She has a book and we rented it from the library. just search sleep lady and you should get the name of the book
christaberk
by Christa on Jul. 26, 2013 at 4:44 PM
Well, my daughter is almost 2 and is just now sleeping in her crib all night long.

We just had to let her fuss in her crib and not get her. I kept my ipod and earbuds close by and played Mozart in the middle of the night while I was trying to drown out her sounds.

When she went back to sleep, I went to check on her, make sure she didn't get sick or anything.

3 nights and we were good.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 6:35 PM
Like the others have said you'll have to deal with a few sleepless nights in order to break the habit. Once she realizes you won't bring her to your bed it will be easier.
flutter523
by Tracy on Jul. 27, 2013 at 8:35 PM
I agree with pp. a few nights of crying should do the trick. Explain to her before bed that she won't be coming in with you though so she's prepared. I'd actually talk about it all day with her
mrsary
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 8:40 PM
I trained my kids by putting them back in my bed throughout the night when they would come get in my bed. Started them in toddler beds at about 18 months, straight from my bed.
Sister_Someone
by Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 9:59 AM

I let him cry in his crib until he figured out that I won't be picking him up unless he's wet even if he screams bloody murder. It was a hard, long three nights before it happened, but I guess he got tired of screaming on the fourth and slept like a baby, pun intended.

preacherskid
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 1:45 PM

I let ydd move on her own.  I miss enough sleep as it is, I didn't want to deal with a crying kid during the few hours I get for sleep. We had side carred her crib, so when she started sleeping five or more hours, we moved her to the shared bedroom with big sister.  She woke to nurse for a few more months, now I nurse her before bed, put her down asleep, and unless she is sick or as a nightmare she sleeps until I get her up in the morning.  She is two and a half, she started sleeping five or more hours around fifteen/eighteen months.

faire_jour
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 1:46 PM

She will stop when she is ready. Please allow her to sleep with you until she is ready. Please don't make her cry alone in her bed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)