Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I should be written up :/

Posted by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 11:22 AM
  • 6 Replies
I love my job! But I have not been staying focused. I have not been doing mu best everyday. This has been going on for months. Every week my supervisor finds a mistake. I shouldnt still be making these mistakes. So today I am going to suggest her to write me up. I've been there for 1 yr and a half and have never been written up. I'm not afaird of losing my job. I don't think I can be replaced, and that is where I am screwing up. I think a write up is the kick in the butt I need.
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 11:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Nighttiger
by Ashley on Jul. 26, 2013 at 2:19 PM
How about instead of a write up you ask for a new challenge. When I start slacking is always when I'm bored
Nighttiger
by Ashley on Jul. 26, 2013 at 2:20 PM
And dont you have a newborn at home?
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 6:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't ask for a write up because it'll draw more attention to your mistakes. Like nighttiger suggested, ask for a new task. Maybe that can help you stay focused. Also, try to remember the mistakes you made so you can double check and not make the same mistakes.
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 7:31 PM
1 mom liked this
this. before you finalize something review it for errors. your supervisor knows uou are making mistakes and so do you. now improve your performance

Quoting cjsmom1:

I wouldn't ask for a write up because it'll draw more attention to your mistakes. Like nighttiger suggested, ask for a new task. Maybe that can help you stay focused. Also, try to remember the mistakes you made so you can double check and not make the same mistakes.

WonderWomanSV
by Stacey on Jul. 26, 2013 at 7:42 PM
Yes, I do. My boss doesnt accept excuses. No matter how legitimate they are.

Quoting Nighttiger:

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Jul. 27, 2013 at 9:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like your the one being hard on yourself :) Everyone makes mistakes sometimes. Make sure to learn from them and move on. Chastising yourself is just adding stress....I know...I do it all the time. And realize your work will improve when your sleep improves again. 

Quoting WonderWomanSV:

Yes, I do. My boss doesnt accept excuses. No matter how legitimate they are.

Quoting Nighttiger:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)