Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Things people say

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 5:34 PM
  • 9 Replies

Have been having a bit of a rough week.  Lots of people not thinking before speaking.  Just this morning, I bit my tongue twice at church (though once I did respond, just not the way I wanted), once after another mother in my Sunday School class asked me if I could just "get things done sooner" with regards to homework issue (long stress ful story short, having trouble making assignment dates due to DH's health and the professor is not very flexible- I may have to retake the course), and then she and two other moms were talking about how they didn't ever want their kids in daycare, they were so glad they could have family or their spouses trade off with them so they could avoid putting their kids in daycare.  I know they don't mean anything by those comments, but I HAD to put our girls in daycare.  DH cannot care for himself let alone them, and family simply isn't reliable.  There is nothing wrong with daycare, as long as you put in the time to find a good one.  As for my class issue, if I were able to get things done early, I wouldn't be having problems getting assignments in to begin with.  My schedule doesn't allow for this (the person who said this has gone to school as a parent, but stayed home.  I work ft 40-50 hours a week between my two jobs, and take care of my ywo kids and disabled husband; she currently has one child, pregnant with her second, and her husband is whole and healthy.  I understand she can't possibly begin to understand our situation and the work I go through, it is still frustrating to hear that- that's what my professor told me I should do as well)

Just needed to let off a bit of steam before fixing supper and diving back into homework.  The girls are having allergy issues on top of everything else and not sleeping well :( 

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 5:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
christaberk
by Christa on Jul. 28, 2013 at 5:41 PM
:-(

Vent away, mama.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
harmony7
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 6:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I am so sorry that your church sisters are not being sensitive to your pain. It sounds to me like there is a lot on your shoulders and a lot on your plate and you are soldiering on to get it all done. You sound like Super Woman to me!!! Hugs and Prayers.

Pam in Alabama
A Mom to nine sons and one daughter with five still at home
preacherskid
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 6:35 PM

Quoting harmony7:

I am so sorry that your church sisters are not being sensitive to your pain. It sounds to me like there is a lot on your shoulders and a lot on your plate and you are soldiering on to get it all done. You sound like Super Woman to me!!! Hugs and Prayers.

Not Super Woman- I don't do capes ;P  And thank you :)

CafeMom Tickers
harmony7
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 6:57 PM
1 mom liked this

right...No capes then Halos and flowers!

Quoting preacherskid:

Quoting harmony7:

Not Super Woman- I don't do capes ;P  And thank you :)

Pam in Alabama
A Mom to nine sons and one daughter with five still at home
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 11:21 PM

Some people don't think before they speak. All that matters is that you're doing what's best for you and your family.

Jaghd810
by New Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 11:23 PM

Don't worry about it. They are obviously are not happy with their lives so the only comfort the get is criticizing someone else's.

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 11:25 PM
I'm in a similar boat. My husband is not disabled, but I go to school and work full time. The stress of keeping up with classes is immense. I wish you the best if luck and am here if you want to talk.
Red783
by New Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 11:37 PM

Good luck! Do what you have to do and what works for you! Don't let those ladies get to you! You sound like you are doing a great job juggling all of those resposibilities!

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Jul. 29, 2013 at 12:06 AM

Quoting cjsmom1:

Some people don't think before they speak. All that matters is that you're doing what's best for you and your family.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN