Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Sweet, but...

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:18 AM
  • 6 Replies

So I posted about my MIL's sister passing away.  The week before she passed, MIL stated that the sister wanted to know if I wanted her sewing maching.  New in the box, a $5000 machine that can do everything.  I told her that I would love it, but I have no time to work on anything right now, so if she wanted to give it to someone else who could use it more quickly, that would be fine.  Well, she passed before the message could be relayed.  So her DIL, who has a business that she could use this machine in, had mentioned to the husband that she would really like that.  The husband said "NO, she wanted Decca to have it"  So I have a sewing machine that will just be stored for a few months.  Nice, but I wish I could have said, "she can have it", but apparently, she wanted me to have it so badly.

by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:20 AM
That was nice of him to make sure you got it. I'm sure you'll put it to good use when things aren't so hectic.
christaberk
by Christa on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:29 AM

Rock and hard place, huh?

leahbeah143
by Leah on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:30 AM

maybe you could let her use it until you're ready to take it back?

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:31 AM

I really will, but it will be in storage for a  while.  But it's been in storage at her house, too, so I guess it doesn't matter much, right? 

Quoting cjsmom1:

That was nice of him to make sure you got it. I'm sure you'll put it to good use when things aren't so hectic.

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:31 AM

Yep.   :/ 

Quoting christaberk:

Rock and hard place, huh?

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:33 AM

I wouldn't mind even just giving it to her.  She could use it for her business.  I just have to make sure no one will be insulted or hurt if I do it because she wanted me to have it so badly.

Quoting leahbeah143:

maybe you could let her use it until you're ready to take it back?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN