Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

knee pain

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:52 AM
  • 19 Replies
I've come up with a self diagnosis of my continual knee pain - Patellofemoral Stress Syndrome.

Aleve will be my friend today. Oofda! :-/

Anyone else suffer from knee pain? I'm only 26 and feel like I'm 80 getting up out of my chair!
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Marz31
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Ouch! I've had tendinitis before in my knee, but thankfully it isn't continual. Aleve is a good thing tho, for sure. hope it continues to help.

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 11:00 AM

I have suffered knee pain since I got in an accident my senior year (prom day).  I was T-boned on the drivers side and my knee was badly bruised.  Ever since, I have major knee pain.  It doesn't help that I played volleyball in school.  That's a lot of time falling on your knees.  Even with knee pads, it still causes damage.

rissarin
by Gold Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 11:06 AM
Ouch! Volleyball is definitely bad on the knees :-/

Quoting deccaf:

I have suffered knee pain since I got in an accident my senior year (prom day).  I was T-boned on the drivers side and my knee was badly bruised.  Ever since, I have major knee pain.  It doesn't help that I played volleyball in school.  That's a lot of time falling on your knees.  Even with knee pads, it still causes damage.

rissarin
by Gold Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 11:07 AM
Maybe I shouldn't say "bad" but not easy.

Quoting rissarin:

Ouch! Volleyball is definitely bad on the knees :-/

Quoting deccaf:

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 11:09 AM

I got my dad's family knees - creaky and old before their time. Not a lot of pain though, so that's good.

Hopefully the Aleve will get you through the day!

leahbeah143
by Leah on Jul. 29, 2013 at 11:10 AM

no, I have arm problems ~ tendonitis in my lower arms.

rissarin
by Gold Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 2:58 PM
I say I have my dad's knees, too, but he had torn cartilage from injuries, not just random pain. Haha! And the Aleve is starting to wear off :(

Quoting adamsmom0116:

I got my dad's family knees - creaky and old before their time. Not a lot of pain though, so that's good.

Hopefully the Aleve will get you through the day!

flutter523
by Tracy on Jul. 29, 2013 at 4:42 PM
I've actually been diagnosed with this lol. My knee swells up sometimes, especially if I'm crawling around with the kids or dog.
rissarin
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 9:46 AM
Haha really?? I don't notice much swelling but the pain is almost unbearable at times when it flares up. And yes, crawling around, kneeling, squatting, stairs, etc. I iced them last night and they're not as bad today. Phew!

Quoting flutter523:

I've actually been diagnosed with this lol. My knee swells up sometimes, especially if I'm crawling around with the kids or dog.
mickstinator
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:12 AM

oh, how awful! i have had back pain ever since pregnancy. really fun to feel like an old woman before you're 20. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)