Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

What to do for money while on maternity leave ?

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 4:12 PM
  • 19 Replies

I am pregnant with my 3rd baby with my other to my husband made all the money i stayed at home with the last 2.We bout work now and we make enough money for all bills and extra. I was wondering what you all did for money till you when back to work thanks.

by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 4:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 4:16 PM

California pays 6 weeks of Short term disability.  It's not full pay, but it helps!

Kristanna
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 4:20 PM

Well that's fucking awesome! Lucky duck! I am also jealous of the companies that give paid paternity leave. Wish my hubby's did

Quoting deccaf:

California pays 6 weeks of Short term disability.  It's not full pay, but it helps!

CafeMom Tickers
leahbeah143
by Leah on Jul. 29, 2013 at 4:21 PM

we have short term disability at work as well. otherwise I don't know what I would do!

whitwhit1992
by New Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 4:35 PM

I live in kentucky i will have to see if we do anything like that thanks :)

whitwhit1992
by New Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 4:37 PM

Dose anyone know if you can do k tap till able to return to work ? i was on it till i  got a job so maybe i could do it till i go back. IDK

flutter523
by Tracy on Jul. 29, 2013 at 4:49 PM
My employer has short term disability for 6-8 weeks. I also pay into a supplemental plan that covers my salary
adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 4:54 PM

I used up all my PTO. Company complied with FMLA but it was unpaid leave. There was no short term disability. We saved and saved before I got pregnant.

nomadbrat83
by Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 5:24 PM
Short term disabiliy
mickstinator
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 5:44 PM

saved for 9 months and worked as long as i could (which resulted in working full time up until they were born!).

H.Perales
by New Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 6:00 PM

Hubby and I set aside money as soon as we found out I was pregnant. FMLA doesn't pay for my maternity leave but Aflack will pay me 6 weeks leave once the baby is born. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN