Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Calling in sick because of a hangover

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:30 AM
  • 9 Replies

I just saw it on the homepage- a mom is planning to call in sick on Saturday because she's going out Friday night and getting drunk.

Have you done it? Have you had to cover for someone who has done it?

by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:40 AM

I don't think I've ever even had a hangover.  But I work through migraines, so I guess a hangover would be better than that, right?  At least it's self-inflicted.

mickstinator
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:43 AM

i have never covered for someone in that situation, as far as i know. it's not like a worker calls in and says, "hey, i got wasted last night and now i can barely stand the light of day, so i'll catch up with you later." 

i don't think it's particularly responsible, but the whole point of sick days is to use them when you're too sick to come in. a hangover can definitely make ya too sick. 

rissarin
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:54 AM
I've never called in for a hangover. I've worked through them many times, but never called in. I've also never had to cover anyone for that reason. I've never really had a job with sick time to use or a job where shifts need to be covered.
adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 11:10 AM

Never called in sick because of a hangover, and never covered for someone because they had a hangover.

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 1:54 PM
I haven't had a hangover is 17 years. No I never called in for a hangover. Yes, pre-career days working minimum wage jobs, I did cover for co-workers, but that was really a long time ago.
the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 2:21 PM

No, I've never done it.  I've never known anyone who has.  I think it's incredibly stupid, disrespectful and childish to plan something like that.  If you MUST get trashed the night before (and really - who MUST do that??) then take a vacation day instead.  Calling in sick is ridiculous.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Jul. 30, 2013 at 4:48 PM

No, back in the day when I actually drank and partied, I had no problem getting through a work day after. Now, forget it lol

Bubbie0809
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 6:09 PM

I have never done it, when I was in the habit of getting drunk enough to have a hangover I either didn't have to work the next day or suffered thru it. 

I wouldn't know about covering for someone, I don't think that is something they would broadcast.

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 9:05 PM

I have never done that. If you know you have plans then you should request off or find someone to work for you. It leaves everyone else in a bind.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)