Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

LinkedIn?

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 12:25 PM
  • 15 Replies

How many of you have a LinkedIn profile?

Do you update it regularly?

Have lots of recommendations?

I have a profile which I update every 6 months or so, and I request recommendations from colleagues once a year or so just to keep it up to date.

I was just contacted by a recruiter about a terrific opening for which I am qualified and would be a step up and is still telecommute for a major company.  But...I love my current company...what to do, what do to :)

by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 12:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mickstinator
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 12:32 PM

i have one, but i can't remember the last time i logged in. i should use it more.

Mommabearbergh
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 12:35 PM
I use mine and have a app for it on my phone. I have heard a lot of recruiters use that site.
adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 12:36 PM

I don't have one.

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 12:37 PM

I do not have one. 

andrea96
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 12:54 PM

I have one. I keep it somewhat up-to-date. I don't have any recommendations, but I have a few people that owe me. I have quite a few endorsements.

I have been contacted twice by a well-known company here for openings, but I hear it is not a good company to work for.

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 1:56 PM
Man, I do not even know my password anymore, so nope, I don't update it, lol!!
christaberk
by Christa on Jul. 30, 2013 at 6:49 PM
I have one. My husband created it for me. I never use it. Ever.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
preacherskid
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 8:29 PM

I have a profile, keep it updated, but don't have many recommendations.  My professional network is pretty slim right now.  I'm an introvert even online lol.

eatyourveges
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 8:42 PM
I have one and it's sort of up to date but I do need to update it more. I was headhunted a few months ago by a competitor but I'm happy where I am (and really don't want to move to Boston lol).

And I actually recently got contacted by hr of another local company for networking, which is interesting. There aren't many people in my area qualified to do what I do so I wouldn't be surprised if I heard more from her in the future. :-)
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 8:49 PM

I have never used mine. I will update it now though and work on requesting people.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)