Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Today (7/31) is...

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:20 AM
  • 6 Replies

There is only one listed on my site today, so I will try to dig up some more.

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Uncommon Instruments Awareness Day

Break out your bubble organ, laser harp, clackamore, fluba, dulcimer or double violin and go crazy for Uncommon Instrument Awareness Day!

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:22 AM

Ok, stretching, but it is also Harry Potter's birthday!

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:23 AM

Mutt's Day

Even if you're not a dog lover you're likely to recognize the names of Lassie, Rin Tin Tin and Spuds MacKenzie. They are famous celebrity dogs that had more than their share of the spotlight. But what about common, everyday mutts? Don't they deserve a little attention and appreciation as well?

July 31 is "Mutts Day" -- a day when we can pull out all the canine stops and show our precious mixed breed pups that they are special, too. Celebrate by taking your furry friend to the doggie spa for a massage, or how about one of these luxury treatments found on Yahoo! Shine

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Shredded Wheat Day

July 31 is "Shredded Wheat Day," a breakfast cereal item that we more or less take for granted. Regardless of your personal preferences toward shredded wheat, its historical origins are curiously interesting.

According to Tasteful Inventions, on Aug. 1, 1893, Henry Perky and William Ford received a patent for a machine that made cereal biscuits. Their original intention was to sell the machines, but the biscuits turned out to be far more popular. Later that year, Perky started a company in Denver to make the cereal biscuits, a restaurant to serve them from and a fleet of horse-drawn wagons from which to sell them door to door.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:37 AM

Quoting deccaf:

Mutt's Day

Even if you're not a dog lover you're likely to recognize the names of Lassie, Rin Tin Tin and Spuds MacKenzie. They are famous celebrity dogs that had more than their share of the spotlight. But what about common, everyday mutts? Don't they deserve a little attention and appreciation as well?

July 31 is "Mutts Day" -- a day when we can pull out all the canine stops and show our precious mixed breed pups that they are special, too. Celebrate by taking your furry friend to the doggie spa for a massage, or how about one of these luxury treatments found on Yahoo! Shine

I will have to give my little mutt some extra hugs today

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:23 PM

Happy birthday Harry Potter :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)