Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Not helpful for working parents!

Posted by   + Show Post

I was looking at DD's school website for info on when to pick up schedules, etc. They are having "Wolf Day" August 27th, which is a Tuesday, between 9 and 2! And accordind to last name, she is supposed to pick up her schedule between 9 and 10! I'm pretty sure they are going to have to kiss my butt, she will pick up her schedule when I can get her there.

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:15 AM
Replies (11-14):
HH6
by New Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:29 PM

I am a teacher and I have the same issues.  It is frustrating that every awards ceremony is during the day.  Not only can I not take time off every time, when I take time off there has to be a substitute in place - there are 150 kids depending on me being in my classroom.  I am glad that our back to school night and some performances are during the evenings.  I completley understand the difficulty with evening events from the teacher perspective - I wind up working 12-13 hours on Back to School night and conference night, etc. but I know how much I appreciate it as a parent so I am happy to do it as a teacher.  It gives me the opportunity to meet more of my student's parents.  Go ahead and pick your child's schedule up when you can or call and ask for it to be e-mailed - they should be able to accomodate you and, most likely, many teachers there understand because they are working moms too. :) 

Medusa686
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:59 AM

My son's school isn't too bad.  Most activities are in the evenings. Its during the spring when he has track & field events that its problematic and hard to cut out of work during the day. 

Sister_Someone
by Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 11:45 AM

I don't even bother with this. If their schedule doesn't work for me, I go when I can and tell anyone to objects to kiss my ass.

Yes, it's kind of disrespectful to the school, but I've never been one to have issues with giving back disrespect I've received first.

quickbooksworm
by Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 11:57 AM

Ugh, I hate stuff like that.  I make an effort to go eat lunch with my son 1-2 times a month.  But they tend to give not enough notice for things like parties and middle of the day activities.  Then when I say I can't come because I have to work, it's like it's the end of the world.  It becomes all about the struggles of being a single parent.  No, it's not because I'm a broke single mom, it's because I have a job that isn't flipping burgers and I have responsibilities.  People rely on me to make sure employees get paid.  Don't even get me started on the nonsense PTA.  Their meetings are when I'm just getting off work and there is no one to watch the kids. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN