Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have been diagnosed with...

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:59 PM
  • 15 Replies
2 moms liked this

Toddleritis.

Symptoms include:

sleepiness

irritability (from sleepiness)

loss of hearing in one or both ears from screaming or the drone of "mommy, mommy, mommy"

repetitive instruction syndrome

weight gain (since you are eating their uneaten food rather than wasting it)

followed by weight loss (when they hit a growth spurt and eat all the food in your house, leaving none for you)

stiff joints and body aches (from attempting to share a twin bed with your toddler)

Mild panic attacks at the park

Anyone else in this stage?

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mickstinator
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:09 PM

lol! oh, girl, you know it. 

leahbeah143
by Leah on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:19 PM
1 mom liked this

no, I have teen-itis lol

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Not anymore, lol!

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:46 PM
1 mom liked this
I have been downgraded to infantandtoddleritis. All of the above symptoms but even less sleep, complete lack of any non kid time other than work and the loss of one limb at all times and sometimes both arms. I know this will pass
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:31 PM
2 moms liked this

Be very careful that the loss of the use of your limbs does not spread to your legs.  When that happens, you may be forced to sit down and rest!

Quoting Nighttiger:

I have been downgraded to infantandtoddleritis. All of the above symptoms but even less sleep, complete lack of any non kid time other than work and the loss of one limb at all times and sometimes both arms. I know this will pass

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:49 PM
2 moms liked this
I am in remission from toddleritis, but I believe this condition could come back with a vengeance in about 18-24 more months. In addition, unfortunately I have to deal with a few other chronic conditions including hyper -schedulosis which results in panic and irritability from always needing to be somewhere. I also have just plain higher-need-kiditis, which is actually very similar to toddleritis, except it seems to last for longer periods of time and actually has led to pure exhaustion, loss of control of explicit language, and actually disorientation at its worst (am I raising a child or the devil's spawn, shit, maybe I'm in hell............)

And then lately I have this abrupt illness of husband-algia in my buttocks, i.e. my DH is being a PIA.

I hope your toddleritis is a mild condition that passes quickly, but not too quickly as I know it also comes with an overload of neurological & heart benefits resulting from hugs, kisses, sweetness, and the words I love you!!!
M4LG5
by Valeri on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:53 PM

I have tweenitis......attitude from the smallest challenges, furrowed brows, eye rolling, and arm crossings.  It's a very physical disease.  :)

christaberk
by Christa on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:58 PM
Um, yes. I have toddleritis.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
preacherskid
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:10 PM

Toddleritis and preschooleritis.  Added symptoms include "I really don't care anymore" and itchiness from lack of showering, as well as emotional exhaustion due to excessive tantrums and drama.  Symptoms may recur in grandparents of toddlers and preschoolers if they spend too much time in close proximity to toddlers or preschoolers.

levansbx
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:19 PM
Yes my 26 , month old is worse than than a hormonal teenager. Damn good thing she is cute!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)