Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

How long is your commute?

Posted by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 12:00 PM
  • 42 Replies

How long is your commute? What is the longest and shortest commute you've had?

by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsary
by Bronze Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 12:01 PM
30 min including going to 2 different childcare centers to drop off my children.
acb4415
by New Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 12:02 PM

My commute is about 30 minutes

funhappymom
by Marie on Aug. 2, 2013 at 12:02 PM

I don't have a commute now since I work from home, however my longest commute was 45 minutes. I enjoyed it the commute on the days I worked late. It was a peaceful drive home through farmland. I would put the window down (except when it was freezing out) and crank up the music and sing.

mrsary
by Bronze Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 12:03 PM
Shortest commute was 20 min including the centers.
Longest was 1 hour.
mrsary
by Bronze Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 12:04 PM
On my commutes my kids are always with me and its miserable!

Quoting funhappymom:

I don't have a commute now since I work from home, however my longest commute was 45 minutes. I enjoyed it the commute on the days I worked late. It was a peaceful drive home through farmland. I would put the window down (except when it was freezing out) and crank up the music and sing.

mickstinator
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 12:04 PM

right now, it's the longest i've ever had and ever hope to have. it's an hour each way.

the shortest i've had was when i was a teenager and worked at a starbucks around the corner from my house. i think my commute was about 4 minutes. ugh, to have that again! haha. 

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 12:10 PM

12 minutes.  However, when there is traffic, it has taken me up to an hour.

Marz31
by Silver Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 12:53 PM

it's about 4.5 miles but takes about 15 minutes, average. can be longer if I have to sit at every light. Longest? hmmmm, I guess it was about 24 miles and took nearly an hour even leaving home around 6am to get to work by 7am. We moved a little closer after a couple of months but it was still 15 miles and took 45 minutes, but we carpooled at that point, so it wasn't too awful. 

flutter523
by Tracy on Aug. 2, 2013 at 1:42 PM
It takes me about 20 minutes when I don't have to drop the kids off. I'm bit sure how long it's going to take me when I do. I'm guessing about 45 minutes
TS9509
by Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 1:44 PM
Shortest was 5 minutes. My longest is my current commute an hour 1 way except on Friday afternoons its an hour and a half due to traffic.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)