Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

I was let go and went to my new job

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 11:01 AM
  • 15 Replies

I was let go this morning,came into work and my boss had me come in his office.Told me my services were not needed anymore,I was glad he did since he treated me like crap.It was a shop building trailers,human resources director and it was bad for the last two years.The boss that let me go took over 2 years ago.Good thing is I start a new job next week Monday,took my things over to this new job.I am going to like it,better work enviroment and my new boss is nice.Plus one of my co workers is family,my brother in law Billy works there too.It is a shop and Billy got me in.Met some of my new co workers already,everything looks great so far.

by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 11:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 11:05 AM

Good luck with your new job!

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 11:40 AM

Glad everything worked out!

alexisb3
by Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 7:53 PM

I had enough of it for the last 2 years,I worked at this shop for 8 years.My first boss whom was good to me retired and sold the place to this jerk 2 years ago.The shop I am going to work for starting on Monday,the boss is a family man and treats his employees like family.Met his son today whom is the CEO also,nice guy.I invited my new boss and his son,even their wives and kids over for a cookout to my place tommorrow night.

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 11:18 PM
Hope the new job works out. Working in a better environment is really important for morale.
alexisb3
by Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 11:00 AM

Plus the stress goes away.My new workplace,it is manditory an employee takes the class on sexual harrassment in the work place and I am clear on this.Took the class a year ago.New boss and his son take sexual harassment seriously and know it is not funny at all.I get better benefits too.He has a cook over at his place once a year for the employees and their families..My boss has a daughter too,she does most of the book work and remembered me on the spot.We went to school and graduated together.We were good friends back then and still are now.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Aug. 17, 2013 at 11:19 AM

sounds like you'll be much better at your new job! glad everything worked out

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 11:36 AM
I am glad you are getting out of that toxic environment!! Enjoy the new job!!
MelanieJK
by Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Sounds like it worked out great. 

Take care.    Mixing business with pleasure can be toxic sometimes too.

alexisb3
by Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 12:02 PM

I was slapped in the butt a few times by a few male co workers from my previous job I was let go at.I filed a complaint about it,all they got was a slap on the hand warned not to do it again

BEXi
by Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 4:53 PM

Good luck to you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)