Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

How many pairs of shoes do you own? How many of those do you actually wear?

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 9:26 AM
  • 14 Replies

by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 9:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bubbie0809
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 9:28 AM

I own too many shoes, as I discovered when we moved. I got rid of a bunch, but I still own too many. 

I wear probably 2 or 3 consistently. 

preacherskid
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 9:29 AM

Two pairs, the dog got to the rest of them.  I wear both pairs, one pair of tennis shoes, one pair of dressy flats.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Aug. 17, 2013 at 11:34 AM

thanks to my boss who brought me a bag full of shoes she doesn't wear anymore I now have quite a few lol Lately all I've really been wearing is a couple of pairs flip flips

MelanieJK
by Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 11:50 AM

About 20 pair.     Half work,   half casual/other.    

I'm fairly good at donating or pitching any that I don't wear but there's always a few that I really like but just don't wear much.    

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 12:00 PM
Shoes are so HARD to purge! Because even of you need special occasion shoes once or twice a year, financially I kind of need to keep those, I do not want to buy another pair every time, I have a formal event!

I rotate through probably about 10 ballet or flats for work, then another 5 for casual wear. But I have like 10 pairs of heels for special events! It's crazy, then throw in winter boots, crazy amount of shoes here!!
Marz31
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 1:16 PM

I have a lot, but I wear a lot. probably 10-15 in regular rotation. and probably another 10 pair that I wear occasionally, but not regularly.

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 11:14 PM
I own like 20 pair and wear 5 regularly.
mattsmate
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 12:50 PM
Probably 20. A couple of casual pairs and a bunch of summery heeled sandals for work.
Winter though, I need some new ones.

Wife to Matt (7/12/09) and mommy to Samara (10/2010)

big smile mini

eatyourveges
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 3:11 PM
I own about 70-80 right now, cut down a bit. I wear every pair within the year. I cycle them out between storage spaces because I don't have enough room for them lol. Right now my flats and sandals are in my mudroom (have a bookcase for them there), and my boots and wintery boots are in my basement. About to move all my fancy shoes to my bedroom as we just rearrange and I can fit a bookcase there now.

It's ridiculous to some, but I'm in fashion and shoes have been a passion of mine my entire life :-)
CampClan
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 5:11 PM

I have flip flops that I wear daily to & from work & crocs that I wear at work (daycare- infant room)

Tennis shoes in the fall & spring when it's too cold for flip flops.

Boots for winter

2 inch heels that I HATE I wear once in awhile for church- usually when I'm singing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN