Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

*Sigh*

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 3:15 PM
  • 23 Replies
$200 later & school supplies are bought. That's in addition to the hundreds I spent on registration. Have I mentioned lately how much I hate spending $400+ on 'free' public school?

*sigh*
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 3:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
eatyourveges
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 4:13 PM
What all had to be paid for?? My oldest is 3 so I haven't had to deal with this yet
preacherskid
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 4:16 PM

Not looking forward to that.  I have lists for preschool and daycare already.  

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 5:00 PM
Regular school supplies - the lists for our kids are pretty darn long, and include normal things, plus things for the teacher (like red marking pens & Clorox wipes) plus my oldest needs a scientific calculator this year for honors geometry. Three kids to buy for, and collecting about 1/4 of the lists from leftovers at home & it still hit the $200 mark. :(

And I still have to buy shoes for all 3. :(

Quoting eatyourveges:

What all had to be paid for?? My oldest is 3 so I haven't had to deal with this yet
leahbeah143
by Leah on Aug. 18, 2013 at 5:10 PM
1 mom liked this

I told DD I refuse to buy pens and pencils this year because we have a trillion of them laying around the house. Since she's in jr high I told her we would wait until after the first day of school so she can get the lists from the individual teachers instead of using the generic list because last year we ended up with stuff she wasn't going to need at all.

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 5:13 PM
I don't mind buying supplies. As long as ds is getting a good education then I'm happy.
blessedfamily06
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 5:31 PM

Same here 

flutter523
by Tracy on Aug. 18, 2013 at 8:41 PM
That's crazy! I just got my sons Pre-K list yesterday. Shouldn't be too bad, maybe $30 if I can find some deals
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:48 PM
Yep, and we just got the letter, we have to send snacks for everyone as well several times a semestertoo! Yahoo!
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:51 PM
And I use the products too, so I am not complaining, but for all the hand sanitizer and Clorox wipes that are necessary now, how come this generation still gets sick, like my germ infested generation did, lol? Illness/communicable disease rates seem the same or worse for colds, flus and strep? No?..
the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 9:08 AM
We used to have to bring snacks for the whole class, but it was on rotation & was only once a month. Last year they changed it to we have to provide a snack every single day but only for our kid. I wish it was back the other way!

Quoting Marti123:

Yep, and we just got the letter, we have to send snacks for everyone as well several times a semestertoo! Yahoo!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)