Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

DH seeking advice :)

Posted by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 10:32 AM
  • 9 Replies

Hey there.

So, my DH doesn't quite 'fit in' at work.  Everyone takes a million smoke breaks, they curse constantly, and head out for beers after work EVERY day (they get off at 1:00 in the afternoon).  My DH doesn't participate in any of those things so he's branded a "loser".

So, a new guy started - young but really nice.  He's very religious and more like DH & he and my DH have struck up a work friendship.

Anyway...on to the advice...

DH was talking about how we do family pizza night - so this friend decided to do it too...found a great new kind of pizza and bought one and brought it to give to DH.  The friend mentioned he was looking for things to do, so DH went to the tourist info. place and brought back a bunch of ideas for the friend.  And on and on it goes...

But the friend bought DH a CD of a group he really likes and gave it to him - it just seems like this guy really loves buying things and giving them away.  DH would like to do something in return, but he's not really sure what.

Any ideas?

by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 10:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
leahbeah143
by Leah on Aug. 20, 2013 at 10:52 AM

does the guy have a family too! maybe y'all could get together for a bbq or something.

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 10:54 AM

Thought about something like that, but he and his wife are about 1/2 our age (we're in our 40's they're in their 20's) and have no kids.

Quoting leahbeah143:

does the guy have a family too! maybe y'all could get together for a bbq or something.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Aug. 20, 2013 at 10:55 AM

that's ok, it still might be fun

Quoting the3Rs:

Thought about something like that, but he and his wife are about 1/2 our age (we're in our 40's they're in their 20's) and have no kids.

Quoting leahbeah143:

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 11:02 AM

A gift card for a nice restaurant?

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 11:05 AM

I think this is a great idea. If there's something you all enjoy doing - cards? movie? - that would be a great get-together as well, or even meeting up somewhere for a drink or for dinner.

Quoting leahbeah143:

that's ok, it still might be fun

Quoting the3Rs:

Quoting leahbeah143:

mickstinator
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 11:08 AM

my husband is not the most sociable type and has a hard time connecting with others. he will sometimes invite a few work friends to play disc golf at a local park. i think he likes it because if conversation gets awkward, you can just focus on the game. maybe there is something similar around your area? 

BabyBearsMom608
by Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 10:58 PM
Have a bbq . Some of our best friends are older and younger than us !
Nighttiger
by Ashley on Aug. 20, 2013 at 11:17 PM
1 mom liked this
This. Age is only a number

Quoting BabyBearsMom608:

Have a bbq . Some of our best friends are older and younger than us !
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 11:33 PM
it might be nice to have them over for a bbq. the gifting could be the younger man's way of saying " i really really want to be your dh's friend but I don't know how quite to figure out where i stand ". the dinner will give your dh a chance to interact with him outside of work and may give the younger man some confidence. .
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)