Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Overreaction but still ticked

Posted by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 7:03 PM
  • 16 Replies

My DH whines and moans about his job DAILY.  It's not in his field, it pays horribly, there's no room for advancement, it's hard physical labor, he hates most of his colleagues, etc.  ALL of those points are true and valid and worthy of complaint.

I listen.  EVERY day.  I sympathize.  I offer suggestions.  I offer encouragement.  He's always saying he should look for somethinhg different, but when I find a bunch of jobs for him to apply for, he chooses not to bother applying.  So...it's frustrating...

Fast forward to today.  I had a BAD week on my business trip last week and today at work, was a continuation of that.  All in all a BAD day.  So, he comes home from work, I go out to talk and tell him about my bad day and what has upset me.

And what does he do as he's listening to me?

He SMILES.  And he CHUCKLES.  And he SMIRKS.

Seriously!?!?!  You can't just LISTEN and EMPATHIZE with ME for once?!

angry

So, I'm spitting mad.  I'm not talking to him.  I'm eating in my office and completely avoiding him because between HIS reaction and my already crap day I KNOW I won't be the 'nice' mom right now and it's better to be alone.

I'm probably overreacting, but I don't care.

Vent over.

by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 7:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
catevincesmom
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 7:06 PM

Oh, no.  :-(  My dh doesn't smirk, but I can tell his bad days are so much worse than mine.  It's frustrating, I know.

flutter523
by Tracy on Aug. 20, 2013 at 10:02 PM
Ugh, I hate when my SO doesn't let me have a crappy day and support me
adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 10:31 PM
That is frustrating. Why are we not allowed to have bad days or be pissed at coworkers? Drives me crazy.
I'm sorry you're having a bad week. Hope it gets better!
preacherskid
by Silver Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 10:37 PM

Ugh.  DH has bad days.  At home. In bed, or on the computer.  I get the chronic fatigue, nerve pain, etc.  When I have a bad day though, I have been yelled at, cussed out, hung up on, and verbally abused.  Then I get home and have to deal with two hyper from daycare kids by myself because HE had a bad day and can't handle the kids.  I mught get an "uh huh" if I tell him about it, then he tells me about his terrible day. 

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 11:09 PM
I am sorry!
Nighttiger
by Ashley on Aug. 20, 2013 at 11:14 PM
That stinks! Dh just usually joins my mood making it worse so I quit even trying to complain
christaberk
by Christa on Aug. 21, 2013 at 4:27 AM
That's horrible. I'm sorry!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mattsmate
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 9:39 AM

That sucks!

Wife to Matt (7/12/09) and mommy to Samara (10/2010)

big smile mini

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 10:09 AM

Sorry.  :(

mickstinator
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 10:53 AM

I would be effin' pissed. I can be a very forgiving person, but if I'm already on my last nerve and my husband blows me off, I let him know. 

: (

Sorry, Mama. Hopefully he realized what an ass he was being before you blew a gasket.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN