Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

No, you won't

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:29 PM
  • 7 Replies
I took a look at dhs tires last weekend. He hasn't rotated them ever and the front passenger is worn down to dangerous levels. So, I'm at the tire store. I know he needs 1 tire but the other 3 are low on tread. I find out his tires have a 70k mile warranty but they failed to record his mileage last time. I know we are no where close to the warranty but I have no clue where dh put his paperwork. I find a repair ticket from a year prior to the last tires that shows mileage 30k less than now. Thats 5 years ago, so average of 6k a year. He then tells me since it's not their ticket they will base the warranty off an average person at 12 k a year. NO. I have proof in front of you that we were 30k less a year before the last tire set. He finally agreed to give me the rebate based on the 30k. Whether he did or not I have no real idea but gggrrrrr all around!! Warranties are useless! :(
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Nighttiger
by Ashley on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:33 PM
And poof goes half of my remaining bonus. And poof goes an hour of work time
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 11:27 PM

Isn't it amazing how fast the money disappears?

Quoting Nighttiger:

And poof goes half of my remaining bonus. And poof goes an hour of work time

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 11:36 PM
Grrrr, so irritating!

I was groaning this morning because I had to buy a brand new tire to replace my 6th month old tire, due to damage, and ironically I just had the tires rotated for the first time on Friday. Odd coincidence isn't it......... But whatcha going to do?? Can't prove anything and maybe I do have just bad luck, idk, still $180 I'd rather have spent in something else!!
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Tire warranties SUCK!  I bought tires thinking there was a warranty on them, only to find a year later that those tires offer NO warranty!

leahbeah143
by Leah on Aug. 22, 2013 at 10:57 AM

Shouldn't they have records in their system showing what mileage you were at? Hopefully they weren't trying to be shady! Cars are such a PITA, but unfortunately are also necessary.

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:13 AM
They should but for some reason it wasn't recorded. I watched them pull up the record the first time so they didnt change anything. Someone just failed to do their job in 09. It might have just been handwritten on dhs paperwork but I have no clue where he put it.

Quoting leahbeah143:

Shouldn't they have records in their system showing what mileage you were at? Hopefully they weren't trying to be shady! Cars are such a PITA, but unfortunately are also necessary.

flutter523
by Tracy on Aug. 22, 2013 at 2:38 PM
Ugh that's annoying!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN