Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Need help with menu

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:05 AM
  • 7 Replies

Yes, I live in Southern California and enjoy the GREAT mexican food we can get here.  But I stick with a few basic dishes. 

I am getting a taco cart for DD's birthday (to feed the masses).  I have to pick 3 meats.  I already have carne asada and pollo asada, but the other options I am not familiar with.  Can someone explain what it is and what it tastes like?  Maybe what would be popular?

Options are:

Al Pastor

Lengua (tongue?)

Birria

Tripitas

Nopalitos w/ potato

Cabeza (head????)

Mulitas

HELP!!

by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Not a clue. Sorry!

flutter523
by Tracy on Aug. 22, 2013 at 2:39 PM
I'm clueless lol
CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 2:45 PM

I can tell you that tripitas is pretty much tripe.  Al pastor is kinda like gyro meat so it's stacked meat that is cooked - pretty much marinated pork.  Cabeza is an assortment of parts from the cow.  Lengua is tongue. 

leahbeah143
by Leah on Aug. 22, 2013 at 3:11 PM

eep!

arthistmom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:17 PM

From my own SoCal experience of Mexican food. Hope this helps.

Quoting deccaf:

Yes, I live in Southern California and enjoy the GREAT mexican food we can get here.  But I stick with a few basic dishes. 

I am getting a taco cart for DD's birthday (to feed the masses).  I have to pick 3 meats.  I already have carne asada and pollo asada, but the other options I am not familiar with.  Can someone explain what it is and what it tastes like?  Maybe what would be popular?

Options are:

Al Pastor -- marinated pork

Lengua (tongue?) -- yup, definitely tongue

Birria -- stewed beef

Tripitas -- tripe

Nopalitos w/ potato -- prickly pear cactus (so this would be the vegetarian option)

Cabeza (head????) -- definitely head, of beef

Mulitas -- I always thought this was a type of quesadilla, with a choice of meat and cheese and guacamole.

HELP!!

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:50 PM

The few I did know were already said

preacherskid
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:59 PM

Mulitas was the only one I wasn't sure of, I had to look it up.  Best description is like a quesadilla, it can have beef or pork for meat, several types of cheese, and can be topped.  Of the list, the mulitas or al pastor is most likely to go over well.  No tongue.  Lol.

Quoting arthistmom:

From my own SoCal experience of Mexican food. Hope this helps.

Quoting deccaf:

Options are:

Al Pastor -- marinated pork

Lengua (tongue?) -- yup, definitely tongue

Birria -- stewed beef

Tripitas -- tripe

Nopalitos w/ potato -- prickly pear cactus (so this would be the vegetarian option)

Cabeza (head????) -- definitely head, of beef

Mulitas -- I always thought this was a type of quesadilla, with a choice of meat and cheese and guacamole.

HELP!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)