Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Poof..next time let me at least cash it!

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 1:15 PM
  • 12 Replies
I get a suprise $1k bonus. Government takes $380. New tires for dhs suv $250. This morning dh goes down to work and water is leaking all over. New water heater $400. And poof. The magic of the disappearing bonus check. I haven't made it to the bank yet...
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 1:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy2zbg
by Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 1:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Well look at it this way, at least you have those expenses done and over with and won't have to worry about replacing them at times where you might not have the money.

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Aug. 22, 2013 at 1:24 PM
Yup. The water heater had hit it's life so at least I had the bonus. I just wish I could enjoy it for even a day. if it weren't for these expenses it would have just gone to debt repayment. I just wish I had some choice which debt it went to

Quoting mommy2zbg:

Well look at it this way, at least you have those expenses done and over with and won't have to worry about replacing them at times where you might not have the money.

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 1:30 PM
2 moms liked this

Looking at the positive...Those emergencies couldn't have come at a better time!

mommy2zbg
by Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 1:30 PM
1 mom liked this

you know life don't happen like that... :)

Quoting Nighttiger:

Yup. The water heater had hit it's life so at least I had the bonus. I just wish I could enjoy it for even a day. if it weren't for these expenses it would have just gone to debt repayment. I just wish I had some choice which debt it went to

Quoting mommy2zbg:

mickstinator
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 1:39 PM
3 moms liked this

ah. adulthood, you suck! :(

at least you had extra money to cover those inevitable expenses, eh?

adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 2:09 PM

That is frustrating! At least you had the bonus money to cover those expenses and didn't have to dip into "your own money." The budget probably appreciated it!

flutter523
by Tracy on Aug. 22, 2013 at 2:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Being a grown up is overrated.
the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 3:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Aah! That sucks - but at least you had that bonus to cover it all and didn't have to dip into any other money. :)
leahbeah143
by Leah on Aug. 22, 2013 at 3:09 PM

ugh that's so frustrating!! I had to buy new tires with my last bonus because I got an unfixable flat in one so basically I had to replace them all. fun fun!

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:58 PM

Exactly what I was thinking

Quoting deccaf:

Looking at the positive...Those emergencies couldn't have come at a better time!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)